Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody heard about this? my good friend who works at the local dealership...been there for quite a few years and is one of the senior guys there, has told me that for 2007 there wont be any 636...but a 650cc. he also confirmed the styling is changing. the estimated hp is 135-140. i believe he got this info from a Kawi rep. i know he has gotten some information from the Suzuki and Honda reps also. his dealership has already gotten one 07 GSXR 600 in...basically just different color schemes this year. the one they received is gloss black and flat black.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Originally posted by trig
Sounds a little iffy to me. Why have a 650 V-Twin and a 650 I-4?
Suzuki is doing it with the 1000cc class.

If this is true, it might be to compete with the triumph, however all reports on anything I have read about it say they are gonna scrap the 636 and stay with just a 600cc bike.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
Are you sure he's not confused, and thinking about the 650R already in existance? This is the parallel twin kawi has out, known as the er-6 outside of north america.

All my buddies at Kawi have been hinting at 599cc only for the 6R.
That's what I think.

Why all this drama about making a legal race/production bike, and then out of nowhere they make it 14 more cc's?

Kinda contradicts the vague statements KAWASAKI has actually made.

·
Registered
802 Posts
No deal. The er-6 in the states is already dubbed the "Ninja 650R". There's no way, marketing wise, that they're going to increase displacement on the Ninja 636 to 650 and still be able to market that as a "Ninja" sportbike. It'll share names with a bike that's completely different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.