Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked on bike for few months paint and simple free mods. Finally finished test ride went well initially. Ran 165 before shutting her down then parked for an hour and tried to start got click and no headlights. Took top off motor to see cams drained all oil. No metal shavings. Took side cover off exposing starter gears and cam chain. Removed gears and a littl magnetic box at bottom of cam chain and turned motor by hand. Reassembled hit starte cams rolled both time. Third time starter gear engages won’t turn motor no lights again. Did entire disassembly again with same results. 2 bumps and motor turned and lights came on the third time it did the click no lights againI Found the tre box had heated up enough to disfigure it. I exposed all the wires and cannot find any melted together some feel like they got hot though Please any information would be a great help I am just happy that the motor is not locked up as I had feared but now I have no idea what to do thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
What's your battery voltage? May have a bad and/or low battery. May have a charging system issue (over or under charging) as well. As you've noticed, the headlights don't come on with the key; they come on once the motor is turning. This is by design so it's not an issue or symptom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts