Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this issue. I've done some research on my situation and all I get is similar issues without any resolutions.

First, a little background. I was able to acquire an 07' ZX6R with 7k miles from a friend from church for $500. The bike currently has a PA salvage title due to the bike being dropped at low speed or while parked. The bike was barely damaged. The p.o bought it at an auction and at the time, it was running and driveable. The p.o had plans to fix it but lost interest and the bike sat for 3 yrs at his parents garage which is why they sold it to me for $500.

The p.o said the bike was running fine when he last parked it winter of 2016-2017. Apparently, he would ride it even though it was not registered ("hood" culture). I have not being able to get the bike to start. I've only had the engine running for a couple of seconds spraying some starting fluid through the intake just to make sure it wasn't seized.

Now, I've changed the vehicle down sensor, the relay box, cleaned the tank and removed, took apart, cleaned, tested and replaced the fuel pump which it seems to be in working condition (I have not measured pressure yet).

I am not getting any voltage to the fuel pump so I decided to jump it and try cranking to see if it fires up which is why I think I have no power getting to the injectors or else, it would've started.

What else can cause a no power situation to the fuel system other than fuel pump, pump relay and down sensor?

Note: It seems my ignition lock/switch is busted. I can only turn it to the "on" position. It won't push down and turn to "lock" or "park". Would the lock prevent the ECU from sending a signal to the fuel system? Is my ECU fried?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone tell me what this connector is for? There are Male pins under the melted part. If I disconnect the melted part with the pins, I lose power everywhere. Isn't this connector supposed to be plugged into something else? Why is there a piece with Male pins inserted into this female connector? Why do I lose power if I disconnect it? What am I missing here? Please help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE!!!

FI light code #39 "ECU communication error". I also checked the rectifier with my multimeter and it seems to be working fine. I will try to spend some time this week checking the wiring before I order an ECU.

I'm still open to ideas/suggestions/guidance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE!!!

FI light code #39 "ECU communication error". I also checked the rectifier with my multimeter and it seems to be working fine. I will try to spend some time this week checking the wiring before I order an ECU.

I'm still open to ideas/suggestions/guidance.
did you ever find out the problem I'm have the same problem with my 07 zx6r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts