Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to get the above mentioned bike for the track and would like to get inputs from fellow track guys and racers.
Currently I am on a very well set up 06 cbr, and I dont know what to expect from the kawi in stock form, mainly in the handling department.
I guess the exhaust is a must go ?

thank you

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
unbiass, the kawi is nice in stock form, but like all, performance mods are out there. kill the exhaust

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Warbuk means ditch the factory exhaust. The biggest reason is because of how much the factory 07/08 exhaust weighs. The bike itself weighs 440+ in stock trim.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Sounds like a sweet bike! 600 or 1k?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Warbuk means ditch the factory exhaust. The biggest reason is because of how much the factory 07/08 exhaust weighs. The bike itself weighs 440+ in stock trim.
that sounds like a lot. I find it much harder to turn my cbr than my old R6 racebike.
Hope the kawi steers a bit easier ...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
For me the kawi feels good in a corner, apex through exit. It's not sluggish on turn ins, but feels a tad heavier than some of the other newer bikes I've been on (08 600rr & 07 R6), but the kawi did feel more "stable". I like the way it felt better than anything else I've been on, in stock form, that's why I bought one. And yeah, I dropped 15 lbs getting rid of the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like its a weight thing. My rr is also very stable, bit of a pig in the esses though.
I was told by my susp. guy that the honda (pre 07) and the kawi is a bike to "wrestle", so it might be tru what he said.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Looks like its a weight thing. My rr is also very stable, bit of a pig in the esses though.
I was told by my susp. guy that the honda (pre 07) and the kawi is a bike to "wrestle", so it might be tru what he said.
2006 600RR and 2007 ZX-6R are pretty close in terms of dry weight. Some quick research is showing me the 600RR at 361lbs and the ZX-6R at 368lbs. Figure this is roughly accurate, give-or-take a few lbs in either direction (since these numbers are always differing). So really both would be considered pigs as far as modern 599's are concerned.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
2006 600RR and 2007 ZX-6R are pretty close in terms of dry weight. Some quick research is showing me the 600RR at 361lbs and the ZX-6R at 368lbs. Figure this is roughly accurate, give-or-take a few lbs in either direction (since these numbers are always differing). So really both would be considered pigs as far as modern 599's are concerned.
:plusone: They really do look like pigs when compared to the 07/08 CBR600, considering it only weighs 413 lbs STOCK, and fully fueled! :eek:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Croom did you see the recent thread in the 03-04 section where the guy was asking about the performance comparisons between the three generations? Sky said the 03-04 636 was, and still is, the lightest modern middleweight.

Now we gotta look it up and see if it beats the '07 600RR.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
I think the CBR is lighter............ :lol:

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
03/04 ZX-6R weighed 418 wet! :D

·
Registered
995 Posts
Ohlins shock and 25mm kit with the proper spring rates make it a completely different bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts