Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got a mint shape of wheels off a 07 zx6r will they fit on my 04 636 direct bolt on or do i need to do some fabrication and is the bearings the same for both wheels

·
Registered
170 Posts
The front wheel is a direct bolt on...you will need to put your 03 rotors on there. The rear im not sure about...I used an 05 rear wheel/swingarm, but have an 07 front.

·
Registered
339 Posts
you need a spacer kit or follow my how-to to make your own.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front wheel is a direct bolt on...you will need to put your 03 rotors on there. The rear im not sure about...I used an 05 rear wheel/swingarm, but have an 07 front.
are the rotors bigger than the stockers on the 03-04 wheels

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rear needs a 10mm spacer like the one in this kit (last item on page)http://hoheydesigns.com/accessories.html
The front you will either need to use your 03/04 rotors or use the spacers in that kit to space out your calipers from the forks.
i would like to use the 07 wheels and rotors for the front and back, so will i need to buy 2 kits are just one will be fine

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys could i just use the spacers off a 07 zx6r front and rear without having to buy the spacer kit and also be able to use the 07 front and rear rotors to, dont want to have to change the swingarm

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
The spacer kit you have to buy is for the rotors to fit, not for the width of the wheel. The spacers go between the caliper and where the caliper bolts onto the forks so they can fit the larger rotors.

·
Registered
129 Posts
FRONT:
you can use the rotors in the front you just need to space the calipers out to fit the bigger rotors.

REAR:
use a extra front spacer on the rotor side of the rear wheel and go to ace hardware and get some spacers for the rear caliper.

you then are all set

i just used the 07 front end and 05-06 swingarm

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FRONT:
you can use the rotors in the front you just need to space the calipers out to fit the bigger rotors.

REAR:
use a extra front spacer on the rotor side of the rear wheel and go to ace hardware and get some spacers for the rear caliper.

you then are all set

i just used the 07 front end and 05-06 swingarm

ok thx and nice bike man

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks so nice with the 05+ wheels. I cant seem to find any, other than Ebay for 250+ each.
Dude if you get new wheels hit me up I want your Orange Wheels!!! How did you get em orange? Spray paint or powercoated. If you sell me your's that will help fund your new wheels.

-Matt

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Looks so nice with the 05+ wheels. I cant seem to find any, other than Ebay for 250+ each.
just keep an eye on ebay and around the forum.

Rears have been going on ebay for around $100 shipped. One went last week for $81 shipped with rotor.

I just bought a mint set off of here for $230 shipped with rotors, so the deals are out there, you just gotta get lucky enough to find it before anyone else.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
just keep an eye on ebay and around the forum.

Rears have been going on ebay for around $100 shipped. One went last week for $81 shipped with rotor.

I just bought a mint set off of here for $230 shipped with rotors, so the deals are out there, you just gotta get lucky enough to find it before anyone else.
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it. I'll be looking a lot i'd like to get them during winter and get them powdercoated.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Buy em now!!! Lol. ; )

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if i use my stock calibers off my 04 636 will they work with the bigger rotors off a 07 zx6r, i have the wheels, rotors and factory spacers for both the front wheel and rear wheel off a 07 zx6r, just wondering if i still need the spacer kit and would i need to get longer caliber bolts for the bigger rotors and can i use the 04 636 rear caliber also with these wheels

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
if i use my stock calibers off my 04 636 will they work with the bigger rotors off a 07 zx6r, i have the wheels, rotors and factory spacers for both the front wheel and rear wheel off a 07 zx6r, just wondering if i still need the spacer kit and would i need to get longer caliber bolts for the bigger rotors and can i use the 04 636 rear caliber also with these wheels
If you're asking if the newer calipers bolt on to the '03-'04, then yes.
http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=101578&page=2
Go to post #49.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts