Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm doing my first ever valve adjustment and I accidentally removed the intake cam without marking the chain position in any way. I don't know much about this, but my understanding is I need to re-install the cam on the exact same chain links as I took it out, correct?
At this point I did marked the exhaust cam to a specific chain link. So I just need to know how I can put the intake came back in properly. Is counting chain links the easiest method? Does anyone know how many chain links there should be and from what points on the two cam gears?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
So I'm doing my first ever valve adjustment and I accidentally removed the intake cam without marking the chain position in any way. I don't know much about this, but my understanding is I need to re-install the cam on the exact same chain links as I took it out, correct?
At this point I did marked the exhaust cam to a specific chain link. So I just need to know how I can put the intake came back in properly. Is counting chain links the easiest method? Does anyone know how many chain links there should be and from what points on the two cam gears?

Thanks!
Do you have the service manual ? If not link is below. Section 4-12. It explains it better than I could at the moment.

http://support.bazzaz.net/service_manuals/ZX600J8F.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts