Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've built this bike and have put new wiring harness, new starter solenoid, new starter, new cdi, new coil sticks, new regulator rectifier, new clutch plates, new right hand and left hand control switches, new fuel pump.
So I got the bike to fully power up with the turn of the key all lights come on blinkers work brake lights work horn works when I hit start button she cranks but upon checking there is no spark. And finally when I pull in the clutch lever the bike wont start either. Could these issues be related and what do I do to fix. I would really appreciate some guidance. Haven't been able to ride in 2 and a half years due to life happening. Really itching to get on the road. Thanks for all suggestions. Aloha

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
in the ignition switch there is a grey wire that feeds the ECU for an anti theft ..............this wire has a resistor in it

if you replaced the key switch with and aftermarket chine one, they typically dont have that built in it.

and/or that wire on the stock switch may be broken

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pulser coil, maybe?
i have tested continuity on all safety switches and spark plug sticks, new wire harness. the only one im confused with is when i pull clutch lever in seems it cuts all ability to crank at all. so i know that switch is acting screwy. When you say Pulser coil are you are referring to the small harness with the round connector and 2 plug connectors that goes to stator. Wil check thaqt out. and any info on clutch switch would also be awesome. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in the ignition switch there is a grey wire that feeds the ECU for an anti theft ..............this wire has a resistor in it

if you replaced the key switch with and aftermarket chine one, they typically dont have that built in it.

and/or that wire on the stock switch may be broken
the ignition is still the OEM factory one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts