Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get these stock decals? My 2 local dealerships are both unwilling to help me. 1 of them told me they can't even get the '07 bike yet even though I argued with him and said they are released already. The other dealer has an '07 ZZR600, but won't look up the part number or order them for me. I like the locations and design of these. Please help!!!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That's pretty bad man. A dealership turning down business. I was at my local Kawasaki dealership today and ordered a set of the new 07 decals for the ebony ZZR. The one for the Candy Fire Red IMO wouldn't look good on the 06 ZZR600. They are like $19.00 each. Still can believe they wouldn't even look it up for you. I would never give them a penny of my money ever again if I were you. Also I saw the 07 ZZR600 in ebony today. My dealership ordered two in each color.

·
Registered
93 Posts
good luck with the decals, i'm trying to buy the bike. i've been waiting for the 07 zzr for 2 months no 06s in michigan and every dealer tells me something differant. a guy yesterday told me kawasaki hasnt even started producing them yet, i laughed at him and called someone else looks like mid october in here and i cant wait anymore sorry to ramble but needed to vent again good luck with the decals

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by jpimbro77
good luck with the decals, i'm trying to buy the bike. i've been waiting for the 07 zzr for 2 months no 06s in michigan and every dealer tells me something differant. a guy yesterday told me kawasaki hasnt even started producing them yet, i laughed at him and called someone else looks like mid october in here and i cant wait anymore sorry to ramble but needed to vent again good luck with the decals
That's because your looking in the wrong places. When I bought my 2004 ZZR1200 I purchased it from Honda East of Toledo which is 235 mile north of me. They had the best deal in the area so I traveled to buy the bike. A bike that listed for $10500.00 and I got it out the door for $9163.50. Shop around man Michigan isn't the only state that sells motorcycles. I got my 06 ZZR600 out the door for $7200.00 that included 6 percent Indiana sales tax. No freight or set up fees or other bull shit charges that some dealerships try and charge people. Do you homework man. Your not the first guy I have helped with buying a bike. I helped another guy from Arizona get the best possible deal he could on his new 07 ZZR600.

The MSRP for a 2006 ZZR600 is $7299.00. I paid $6792.45, plus $407.55 6% Indiana state sales tax. Total OTD price for my 2006 ZZR600 was $7200.00 even. If I would have paid full price, $7299.00 plus sales tax at 6% the bike would have cost me $7736.94. I saved $536.94!! Also find a dealership that doesn't have freight charges and set-up fees added in the MSRP price of the bike. Dealerships get reimbursed by Kawasaki for set-up fees. And then try and make more profit by passing on it own to the customer.

There is no immediate way to find out their profit margin on these items but it should be between 5% - 15%. Anymore than 15% profit to the dealer on the sale he is ripping you off. You might as well have "SUCKER" written in big red letters on your forehead. Read this,
http://motorcycles.about.com/cs/buya...torcycle_2.htm

Also spend the $12.99 at http://www.cyclebuy.com/kaw_mc.htm#2...Street Bikes and get a dealer invoice report. That way you know how much the dealership paid for the bike. Offer the dealership cash and stick to your guns. Also make the dealership awhere that you have a dealer invoice report and you know what the bike is worth. Dealerships are in the business to make money and they will take you for every penny if given the opportunity. Kawasaki has a 5% hold back that is paid to the dealerships from August to October for the units they sell. This is pure profit to the dealer from Kawasaki. Bottom line.HAVE YOU DONE YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING THAT BIKE?????

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Originally posted by jpimbro77
screw that is right i'm gonna call every kawi dealer in mich tomorrow if i cant find one the il it is
I know for a fact that they have one in black at Dynamic Powersports in Eastpointe. I just went and sat on it the other day, I am sure my drool is still on the tank.

Dynamic is on 9 mile between Gratiot and Kelly in Eastpointe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ZZRrocket
That's pretty bad man. A dealership turning down business. I was at my local Kawasaki dealership today and ordered a set of the new 07 decals for the ebony ZZR. The one for the Candy Fire Red IMO wouldn't look good on the 06 ZZR600. They are like $19.00 each. Still can believe they wouldn't even look it up for you. I would never give them a penny of my money ever again if I were you. Also I saw the 07 ZZR600 in ebony today. My dealership ordered two in each color.
I seen the decals for the '07 red. The ebony bike has a different color? What color ar they?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys these dealers should b able to get those stickers for you..shame on them for tuning down business :(

Here is the part number for the zzr sticker on the black one

56052-0932 just give that to the dealership and tell them to order you two of them should cost about $20 each

If they dont then send me a msg and i will order them and mail them to ya might cost a little more for shipping but you will have the stickers :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Damn man US Postage is only 39 cents and they ARE stickers. Don't be so hard on our forum member family. J/K I couldn't resist [}:)]

Originally posted by Satty....i will order them and mail them to ya might cost a little more for shipping but you will have the stickers :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I ordered them from my local dealer for about $18.00 each [8D]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well Mr. order man, when you get them on the bike, make sure you take clear pictures and post em up. I'm not waiting until I see the bike in person to see if I want to do the same thing. [:p]

I ordered them from my local dealer for about $18.00 each [8D]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by D_Wayne
Well Mr. order man, when you get them on the bike, make sure you take clear pictures and post em up. I'm not waiting until I see the bike in person to see if I want to do the same thing. [:p]
Okay buddy:) No problem. I should have them by Friday. Monday on my day off I will put them on. When I pick them up I will have my tape measure and camera with me so I can get the exact location that Kawasaki placed them on the front faring. I will take pics for all of you observers.[:M86]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Okay buddy:) No problem. I should have them by Friday. Monday on my day off I will put them on. When I pick them up I will have my tape measure and camera with me so I can get the exact location that Kawasaki placed them on the front faring. I will take pics for all of you observers.[:M86]
Thanks Rocket, will be looking for those pics.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Still waiting for the 07 ZZR600 decals that I ordered from my local dealer. As of last Friday that hadn't arrived. Hopefully they will be here on Tuesday. My local dealer is closed on Sunday and Monday. I will keep everyone posted when I apply the new decals. I will post up some very clear pics with my new 5 Megapixel camera. Ride Safe, Jay [8D]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Still waiting for the 07 ZZR600 decals that I ordered from my local dealer. As of last Friday that hadn't arrived. Hopefully they will be here on Tuesday. My local dealer is closed on Sunday and Monday. I will keep everyone posted when I apply the new decals. I will post up some very clear pics with my new 5 Megapixel camera. Ride Safe, Jay [8D]
Still no stickies from the Dealership or you just holding out on us now?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by D_Wayne

Still no stickies from the Dealership or you just holding out on us now?
Nope I was there yesterday. My friend in the parts and service department said that they were on the manifest an were on there way.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Well I picked up my new 07 "ZZR600" decals today from the dealership. I took my tape measure, pen and paper with me and took some measurements from the 07 ZZR600 that they had sitting on the showroom floor. The first thing I did was clean the area really good with some rubbing alcohol. I made sure the area was really dry and clean. Then took some 1/2 masking tape and put it on the upper cowl to use as a guide for the new decal. The decal is positioned 1/2 inch from the top faring screw and 1 inch above where the front turn signal are on the upper cowling. The new decal basically follows an invisible line along the lower outer body line of the upper cowling. Also when you apply the decal to the right hand side of the bike the "ZZR" portion of the decal is at 1 inch above where the front turn signals are located on the upper cowling. The "600" portion of the decal is below the 1 inch invisible line. I hope I was clear enough on that part of the application of the new decals. I took my time with this one, the decals were $19.95 each, but with my discount I got them for $17.95 each total with taxes $38.06. After I applied the new decals I took the old ones off the rear of the bike. They left a very sticky residue on the paint. I used a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol to remove the sticky mess. I then used some 3M Finish Restorer using light pressure and a clean cloth baby diaper to bring the finish up to looking like it should. All in all I'm very pleased with my 07 ZZR600 decals for the Ebony model on my 06 ZZR600. The part number is 56052-0932. There is one in each package. So you will need to buy two. I like them allot what do you guys think? Another ZZRrocket first:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.