Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed aftermarket tail turn signals on my 07 zx6r and herez my problem. My left signal is just fine but my rear right signal is out and my front right signal blinks faster than my front left :( what could be the problem???

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
287 Posts
LOL good thing Hedz0r didn't see this, you would have got the "search" reply. Anyway more than likely you have the wires crossed, double check that. some need resistors

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
Your turn signals require a certain 'load' to flash at the correct speed. By your rears not working that load isn't met. Hence the faster flashes. As stated already, make sure your connections are true and pos to pos, neg to neg. Make sure your bulb isn't burnt either.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Your turn signals require a certain 'load' to flash at the correct speed. By your rears not working that load isn't met. Hence the faster flashes. As stated already, make sure your connections are true and pos to pos, neg to neg. Make sure your bulb isn't burnt either.

nicely done sir

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aah ok Thanks for the info everybody. my left turn signals are just fine so i guess its either the bulb out or the connections crossed. I will check it out.

And will use "search" before i post next time :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yup you def crossed your wires or blew a bulb. Switch bulbs first to check them. Then go back and recheck your wires. when you get all the bulbs up and if it blinks fast, then go get yourself a $2 load resister from your local auto part place and rig it up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup you def crossed your wires or blew a bulb. Switch bulbs first to check them. Then go back and recheck your wires. when you get all the bulbs up and if it blinks fast, then go get yourself a $2 load resister from your local auto part place and rig it up.
Yup i am sure i did cross the wires. When installing, i remember i tested my left signal just to make sure that i don't interconnect like left wire to the right and that was ok.. and then i just connected the other one without thinking about the neg and pos... aah.. but i am happy that i already have the B2 FE installed and i don't have to remove a lot of bolts like on the stock fender :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aaaaw crap .. figured out the problem. The wires were criscrossed :Damn:

removed it and fixed it, now the turn signals are just perfect :clap::woot:

Thanks for all the info everybody.

:Bike:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts