Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
I searched btw :p
Anyways, wondering if any of you 250 owners hear a ticking sound somewhere beneath the gas tank while over certain rpms the noise goes away after letting go of the gas. Any ideas? Or is this something I should be worry about?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
have you adjusted or lubed the chain lately?

does it appear to be coming from the engine valve train (rpm dependant) or from the final drive (speed dependant)?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I thought I read here somewhere that the camchain tensioner makes that sound at that rpm and above. And that it's normal. Unless it's too loud, in which case you might want to have a dealer check it out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I thought I read here somewhere that the camchain tensioner makes that sound at that rpm and above. And that it's normal. Unless it's too loud, in which case you might want to have a dealer check it out.
I've was told pretty much the same thing by my dealer -- However, 8,000 RPMs is like this bikes harmonic frequency... My keys rattled, fairings, seat cowl.. etc etc. So I tightened everything up that I could find, and the majority of the rattling went away..

·
Registered
315 Posts
You sure it's not from the engine. A ticking noise can be used to describe engine knocking (pre-detonation). And THAT is definitely not good. Does it do it only under load or even when reving the engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts