Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking of buying my first bike

Found a 08 650r 11k miles, new tires, clean title, good codition, ready to go an hour and a half away for $2250 (I talked the guy down to this bottom dollar hes buying a house and needs $ he just listed the bike for sale locally yesterday)

I wasn't necessarily trying to get a bike rite away but I figured prices may go up if i try to buy one in the spring, at that price I can sell it later for at least what I pay for it, possibly more. Seems like it would be bad for me to pass up as most similar 650's im seeing in my area are going for around $3200

What do ya'll think?

Alex

·
Registered
35 Posts
The first '07 650R I looked at I wanted really bad because it had a decent price. I rode if for a weekend and found out that it shimmied at high speeds and really wasn't rideable past 60 mph. I ended up buying something else even though I really liked this bike a lot.

So moral is, try it first.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
The first '07 650R I looked at I wanted really bad because it had a decent price. I rode if for a weekend and found out that it shimmied at high speeds and really wasn't rideable past 60 mph. I ended up buying something else even though I really liked this bike a lot.

So moral is, try it first.
The bike acts up, so you replace the bike. You didn't think to have the tires balanced, neck bearings replaced, or otherwise investigate the issue?

OP I would jump on that bike at that price.

Oh, and the $ goes before the number. They covered that in grade school, bro. Go get that bike. Looks nice, good power, and great mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the bike is as good of a price as I think it is to jump on it and if I change my mind later sell it in the spring for at very least what I paid?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The bike acts up, so you replace the bike. You didn't think to have the tires balanced, neck bearings replaced, or otherwise investigate the issue?

OP I would jump on that bike at that price.

Oh, and the $ goes before the number. They covered that in grade school, bro. Go get that bike. Looks nice, good power, and great mpg.
The bike had been dropped & hit hard & there was some frame damage that was poorly welded. The previous owner had not noticed until he had put it all back together and ridden it. Dealer took it on trade.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
The bike had been dropped & hit hard & there was some frame damage that was poorly welded. The previous owner had not noticed until he had put it all back together and ridden it. Dealer took it on trade.
Oh. Well now that makes sense. Frame damage should have totalled the bike. Hm. Well good riddance to a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought mine for 1000.00 but it was laid down so I went on ebay and bought a whole fairing set custom painted for 500.oo and new handlebar and im good so it was around 2k.

great deal id take it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts