Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
So I'm rebuilding a wrecked 08 650r and noticed the stock MC and lever are pretty much screwed, no biggie. What's your opinion on a replacement? Should I just go with used stock one from Ebay? Should I upgrade? Is it possible to put a radial MC on that year? I also heard people using the one from a ZX6r, don't remember the year. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Definitely upgrade, the main problem of your bike's braking system is the lack of feel and only a better pump can solve it once and for all.

I've seen same era ZX6-R pumps and also more contemporary radial items fitted.

Search this forum with the detailed search function and/or ask an experienced mechanic for more info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely upgrade, the main problem of your bike's braking system is the lack of feel and only a better pump can solve it once and for all.

I've seen same era ZX6-R pumps and also more contemporary radial items fitted.

Search this forum with the detailed search function and/or ask an experienced mechanic for more info.
After doing more research last night I think I am going to find a used one, my buddy works at a motorcycle junkyard and I think I may go down and look around before I buy something off eBay.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
After doing more research last night I think I am going to find a used one, my buddy works at a motorcycle junkyard and I think I may go down and look around before I buy something off eBay.
Yes, a used one in good condition is your best bet (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts