Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you know the seat sux on this bike, so I did the deed to it..

remove the staples and the cover...

I used a garbage can edge to mark the curve..

I used a air grinder with 36 grit disc..

you just want to make it flatter at the rear..

Staple the cover back on.

Much improved..

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, this I know but again it's the material fabric that is the main culprit.

Go to the local fabric store and get some smooth vinyl..the cover has no seams in it..just remove the old one and stretch the new over and staple it..it is just that easy..you might want to let the new material set in the sun for 20 min before you put it on..

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Go to the local fabric store and get some smooth vinyl..the cover has no seams in it..just remove the old one and stretch the new over and staple it..it is just that easy..you might want to let the new material set in the sun for 20 min before you put it on..
I'm hoping the race rear cowl is one whole piece so I can put a foam seat rather than doing what you suggested cuz I'm one lazy foo. :D

· Registered
15 Posts
Great job on the seat. It looks professional especially the arc at the rear of the seat. It is all attached really nice and not loose fitting. I am happy with mine for now however I might consider a mod for a different multi color (red/black) cover to put on it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.