Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about the fuel tank vents on my bike. I bought a new tank for the bike as the previous owner dumped it and dented it. My bike is an 08 and the tank is from a 2011. My bike is non Cali and had one vent tube coming out of the side new tank has two vents. To my understanding Cali bikes have 3 tubes. Bike ran great on half of a tank filled it up and it kept bugging under acceleration had to drive it on full choke to get it home. I had the right nipple capped off and left nipple with the breather hose I pulled the cap off and let both breathe and it still bogs under throttle. Looking for any advice as the bike ran great before and now it isn't drivable. It idles fine and the choke works as it should.

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,796 Posts
I had a post once upon a time about removing the CARB stuff from my 2008 250r and ran into the same problem.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but my notes from that picture I just tossed a cheap filter on the blue dot line that went to the canister, and capped the red. I had a thread here about it, but all the Photobucket images are dead, but you can follow it a little bit here:

The bit about the lines is here: DIY- Removing the Kleen Air System Hoses and Plugging...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts