Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm new here, just bought a 2008 ninja 250r. this is my first bike. But anyways i plan to put a yoshi carbonfiber slip on pipe, with the jet kit. i took off my stock muffler today and yeah loud as hell. i am wondering if i can just leave it off, just for the ride to work and back which is just a mile away from my house. I know that if i leave it off that it will make the engine run lean and run too hot. but will this be ok just for a one day type of thing at low RPM's???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, put the stock back on. Without it you might as well have bought a Harley with straight exhausts.

I might be out of line here, but...
If this is your first bike, why are you putting on a carbon fiber exhaust? Why are you putting on any aftermarket exhaust? Or maybe you mean you've been riding for a long time but this is the first bike you've ever owned. To each his own I guess, but make sure you get, and keep, control of that thing. Don't forget to mod yourself, too -- i.e. get some good gear.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Yeah, put the stock back on. Without it you might as well have bought a Harley with straight exhausts.

If this is your first bike, why are you putting on a carbon fiber exhaust? Why are you putting on any aftermarket exhaust? Or maybe you mean you've been riding for a long time but this is the first bike you've ever owned. To each his own I guess, but make sure you get, and keep, control of that thing. Don't forget to mod yourself, too -- i.e. get some good gear.
This is my first bike. I just got it in April. I put an AreaP full system on it.

Is there a problem with that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is my first bike. I just got it in April. I put an AreaP full system on it.

Is there a problem with that?
Depends: How long did you ride it around without an exhaust?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i've been riding dirt bikes for about 4 years now, and my car isnt doing so good so i decided to get a ninja 250. something good on gas ya know. but i like my vehicles louder than stock, and i did buy some good gear already so i'm pretty good to go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why does that matter?
Because my comment was aimed at the OP and his/her specific situation -- it was not intended as a general rule to be applied to everyone. The fact that the OP would consider riding around without an exhaust brought up red flags for me. I don't recommend riding around without the exhaust mostly due to the noise. I just wanted to make sure that the OP also saw that there is more to motorcycling than just modifying the bike, performance or cosmetic. Guess that answered my question - I was out of line.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just got my first bike, 636 with full exhaust and sprockets. I just ordered a PC3 and a bunch of other things including an AS 2 piece suit. I got the mod bug already and there i nothing wrong with that if he can handle it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts