Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had this problem on an 08? From what I heard, it was a problem with the 07, but fixed with the 08s. But I was just cleaning my bike, and noticed oil on my headers. First I thought it was just road grime, but it was nice and brown. Then saw a drip from the plastic right above them. And noticed where the valve cover and head mate, perfectly in the center, soaked with oil. Checked the level and I've lost about 10% of the sight glass. The dealer loves to give me the "Kawasaki said it was normal" line, so what should I tell them when I take it in?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Kawasaki's website. Would there be any reason why I wouldn't have the open recall?

Warranty Status Vin: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Your warranty expires on 07/11/2009.
Your Good Times Protection Plan expires on 07/11/2011.
No outstanding recalls for this unit.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i had mine fixed as well. manufacture date is 02/08, approx 2500 miles, i believe. the dealership tried to tell me there wasn't a recall, but it was leaking and covered under warranty, so they fixed it...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
39 Posts
From Kawasaki's website. Would there be any reason why I wouldn't have the open recall?

Warranty Status Vin: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Your warranty expires on 07/11/2009.
Your Good Times Protection Plan expires on 07/11/2011.
No outstanding recalls for this unit.

I think the reason it shows up like that is because it is not an actual "recall", rather a maintenance bulliten or something blah blah ... whatever. But if you have the problem you just have to bring it in to the dealership and they will fix it free of charge. Mine is getting fixed right now and when I typed in my vin on the kawi website, I had the same thing displayed as you do. It shouldnt take to long. I dropped mine of on tuesday night and they said it will be ready by Friday.
:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Holy fucken shit you know whats funny i told myself that if it be leaking there would be a massive pile of darkish oil spot on the bottom of my bike, and no there wasn't. Just ran downstairs to get my VIN number to check if there was a recall for THIS SPECIFIC reason and i thought i should just check and touch around to see if there was any rather odd leak or wet spot anywhere near my gasket area and come to find out there is. Now i just checked on kawasaki website and it also said my bike didnt have a recall but i dont give a shit im taking her in since i cant even ride it as of right now. tear tear

·
Registered
184 Posts
You have to go to your dealer to find the info. If you put your vin in the Kawi website it will say nothing but if you put your vin in the dearlership side it will say there is an authorized replacement of the valve cover gasket and the 6 O-rings

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, as long as I know there's no reason for them to give me crap about it. There's only one reasonably located Kawi dealer here, and they love the "it's normal" or "it's not covered" lines. Thanks guys. Heading to the dealership here after I get a shower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts