Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finnaly went back to stock this past weekend, just couldnt take the noise anymore. Went back to stock and noticed a big difference off bottom and across the board as far as power. She pulls alot stronger now. I disconnected the exhaust valve, removed the spring and saftey wired it open. Have a power commander and BMC on it also, seems thoose short exhaust are to damn loud and take away some ponnies.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a M4 GP slip, its loud as hell, though I love it, it tends to get a little annoying every now and then. I too noticed a pretty big difference in the band as far as power goes. Granted, mine doesn't have a PC or anything, I could start to feel dead spots in the band.

I'm soon going to buy an Akra or a Two Bro's slip just to quieten things down. There is no way I could EVER go back to that huge ugly ass stock exhaust though!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've checked out all of the systems for the '08...so far it's been a painful letdown...they all look uglier than a 2 week old pile of donkey shit with flies hovering over it...looks like I'm gonna have to gut the stock...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finnaly went back to stock this past weekend, just couldnt take the noise anymore. Went back to stock and noticed a big difference off bottom and across the board as far as power. She pulls alot stronger now. I disconnected the exhaust valve, removed the spring and saftey wired it open. Have a power commander and BMC on it also, seems thoose short exhaust are to damn loud and take away some ponnies.
I had a Muzzy M10 full system for my 06 with a PC III. I got more HP over stock, but not as much as I would if I had an Akra.

You lose some torque because of the lack of back pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts