Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. New guy here with an issue i hope you can help with or point me in the right direction. I am mechanically inclined but do cars for a living. Sunday was riding my girl like normal having a good old time. Start slowing down in traffic, drop to first gear and she dies as i come to a stop. Will not restart. fuel pump primes, she cranks but wont fire. Trailer her home.Start reading forums and checking a few things including kickstand switch, clutch switch, and for spark. While i have the tank off checking for spark (which there is). i notice it will only crank in neutral. It will not even attempt to in gear with the clutch pulled in and thats new. Before i put the tank back on and try again, Is there anything else i should check. Is there something common i should look at for this issue? This is my first kawi so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone searches and finds this. My issue was the tip over sensor. Took it apart, took the wheel out, she fired right up

·
Registered
2008 Kawasaki zx6r ninja
26 Posts
If anyone searches and finds this. My issue was the tip over sensor. Took it apart, took the wheel out, she fired right up
Did it throw it a code for that?

Annoying little problem..

You took the wheel out ? You didn't do a bypass with a 100ohm resistor?

Thanks for the update and glad you're riding again !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts