Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after being hit by a stolen car last month here's the damage.
(If the pic work that is)

Which resulted in me breaking my leg in 3 places.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Facebook images don't direct link to the site properly. I don't know why.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them on my desktop aswell how do i upload from there.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Use photobucket, or the user gallery here.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Should have had a damper...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheer's buddy (03black)

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
They write it off?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They write it off?
Never went to insurance or police got up ,picked the bike up and rode for 45mins with a brokken leg to get home and play xbox .I went to hospitl next day cause i was forced by my girlfriend.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
why not?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Insurance is expensive here,I'm 21 been riding for 4 years got No claims and No conviction and was quoted 3600Pounds(5807$) but I know some tricks and got it down to 1200pounds(1,936$)but if I claim on my Insurance it will go way up again :(

·
Registered
941 Posts
The only reason I can think of that someone who just got hit by a car on their motorcycle wouldn't go to the police or insurance is if they have no insurance/license or are wanted for some kind of criminal offense :lol

That is really strange :confused:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
what about med bills?

Medical costs have to be crazy high, i assume you had to have surgery?!
it wouldnt be your fault, therefore your rates shouldnt increase, AND the person(s) in the car should pick up your hospital tab. I know in the states we can add "under-insured" to our policy, which basically states if some junk-box without any paperwork to their name (someone hits you and they dont have insurance) your insurance provider will pay for the damages (up to X amount, whatever you agree to) and your rate shouldn't increase...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They probably will payout but in the uk any accident and your insurance goes up.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Medical in UK is free. I am not sure if you get hit byy a stolen car if your insurance goes up though. Doesnt sound right.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Medical in UK is free. I am not sure if you get hit byy a stolen car if your insurance goes up though. Doesnt sound right.
Not to mention if the bike is a write-off how much money you lose far outweighs what the hike would be (if there even would be a hike in this instance which I also doubt).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have either of you ever had insurance or a accident in the UK?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So when 2 years ago I was hit by a hit n run driver, driving the wrong way down a 1-way street(who wasn't caught). I myself was in a mk1 golf that was destroyed in the crash.Went to my insurance everything was sorted until I got a letter saying my insurance premium was going to be increased by 700pound due to a recent accident.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
have either of you ever had insurance or a accident in the uk?
yes to both.

brit636 is a uk accident
true statement.

so when 2 years ago i was hit by a hit n run driver, driving the wrong way down a 1-way street(who wasn't caught). I myself was in a mk1 golf that was destroyed in the crash.went to my insurance everything was sorted until i got a letter saying my insurance premium was going to be increased by 700pound due to a recent accident.
maybe they didnt believe you?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts