Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man, the rear end on my 6r is FREAKING me out since fitting my new scorpian can.

My problem is the Scorpian bracket doesnt fit well with my R&G tail tidy. It all looks to squashed together and the tail light and plate sits at a wierd angle titling down towards the tarmac.

Ive been looking at various options.

1 - build my own bracket - i have no experiance with metal and welding etc etc so probably not really an option.

2 - Two Bros bracket......

I had a look at the fitting instruction on thier web site (see link below) and the bracket/tailtidy is just what im looking for. i might have to mod the straps a bit to fit my can but that should be a piece of piss plus the Twobros looks the same shape as my Scorpian.

Im not very expeiranced at doing this kind of thing so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. It really is doing my head in.

also....would anyone know were i could if possible get hold of just the bracket here in the uk....maybe someone has a spare lying around i could purchase......

PS. I do not require the led strip that come with it.

Hope that wasnt too boring for you all.

Thanks peeps.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you can't get hold of the 2bro's or it doesn't do the job, I'd go for some kind of extension from the hanger to the tail tidy bolt holes. About an inch long, just enough to clear the can. Drill some holes in the extension paralell to the hanger bolt holes and the tail tidy should then sit at the same angle.

Would need to take your time a bit on making the extension look tidy tho, could easily look a mess. But really shouldn't be difficult to fabricate something, literally just a rectangular piece of metal with four holes, or something similar.

Hope this gives you some ideas anyway.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The R&G TT is supposed to fit the stock exhaust, right? And the Scorpion taillight bracket is meant to have the same dimensions as the stock mounting points, right? So has it occurred to you that maybe they provided the wrong bracket with your can?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
^cool, but move that rear brake reservoir..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can't get hold of the 2bro's or it doesn't do the job, I'd go for some kind of extension from the hanger to the tail tidy bolt holes. About an inch long, just enough to clear the can. Drill some holes in the extension paralell to the hanger bolt holes and the tail tidy should then sit at the same angle.

Would need to take your time a bit on making the extension look tidy tho, could easily look a mess. But really shouldn't be difficult to fabricate something, literally just a rectangular piece of metal with four holes, or something similar.

Hope this gives you some ideas anyway.
i did think of that actually, but the R&G is still a bit to bulky for my liking, plus i dont like the the scorpian bracket attaches under the bike. i just love the look of the two brothers plus the bracket attaches to the same place the original exhaust did, you know...the two big bolts up top each side of the seat unit..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The R&G TT is supposed to fit the stock exhaust, right? And the Scorpion taillight bracket is meant to have the same dimensions as the stock mounting points, right? So has it occurred to you that maybe they provided the wrong bracket with your can?
definatly yhe right bracket mate as a few other lads have the scorpian on here and they all had the same problem. you can only get a bolt each side of the R&G bracket (supposed to be 2 each side) as it just doesnt quite line up, its all too tight.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made a custom rear bracket from the stock fender/light bracket i think it looks pretty good just added a integrated light. Its real easy and cheap. Mounts to the passenger peg bracket.
i see what youve done there mate, very clever but no way could i get away with having my light and plate that far back, the tit heads (cops) would be all over me like a rash plus it woudnt pass the MOT. Different rules over here. It looks sick having the plate that far in.....love it.

ps, i took those blk plastics off the back of my bike, trying to get that race look whilst staying road legal.

what do you all think???

PS thanks for your responses peeps.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
i see what youve done there mate, very clever but no way could i get away with having my light and plate that far back, the tit heads (cops) would be all over me like a rash plus it woudnt pass the MOT. Different rules over here. It looks sick having the plate that far in.....love it.

ps, i took those blk plastics off the back of my bike, trying to get that race look whilst staying road legal.

what do you all think???

PS thanks for your responses peeps.

Yeah i tried it with the blk plastics off too didnt really care for the way it looked though seemed like something was missing, but hey to each is own.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, i know what you mean, i thought the same before i did it but once i had them off i was feeling it. i like the kinda rough race look, plus wanted to have a different look to all the other 08's around London.

appreciate opion tho bro.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yo peeps, been a while but got it sorted. Here it is with the TwoBros bracket. just need to drill some new holes to fit the number plate.

Cheers peeps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was unhappy with the r+g item with my akro can so my brother made me a custom monut which in my opion looks really well, will get some picture's up to show you, but it is really neat now.
That looks so much beter than the r+g item with the scorpion can that really was a poor fit i had heard it was but never seen one before.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was unhappy with the r+g item with my akro can so my brother made me a custom monut which in my opion looks really well, will get some picture's up to show you, but it is really neat now.
That looks so much beter than the r+g item with the scorpion can that really was a poor fit i had heard it was but never seen one before.
Cheers mate, im definatly interested in the pics. ive got a thing about tailtidies sice my fiasco with the damn things. lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good mate. like the clear indi's, match real sweet with the tail light. Was there mounting points already in the can? Akro looks best on our bikes i reckon, nice snug fit, if only i had a bit more cash.

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah there was 4 threaded hole's in the can for the braket which come with the akro but he took this off and mounted it straight to the can it's self, i think it's come out well.

The shop was fitting the scorpion can as part of a package but rang the day before i was to pick the bike up and said there was issue's with the tail tidy and the can so i paid the extra to get the akro, had to wait another week but it was worth it in the end i think.

Like what you have done with the led on your's was thinking of putting my tailtidy futher back under the bike, do yo uhave problems seeing the light's there?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah there was 4 threaded hole's in the can for the braket which come with the akro but he took this off and mounted it straight to the can it's self, i think it's come out well.

The shop was fitting the scorpion can as part of a package but rang the day before i was to pick the bike up and said there was issue's with the tail tidy and the can so i paid the extra to get the akro, had to wait another week but it was worth it in the end i think.

Like what you have done with the led on your's was thinking of putting my tailtidy futher back under the bike, do yo uhave problems seeing the light's there?
how much did you pay for the Akro mate? I got my can for £240 at the MCN show last year.

The LED rear light came with the bracket, i think you can buy it seperatly. I have a good link if your interested. Yeah, you can see it nice and clear, i was a bit worried at firts as it looked to small to be seen but once fitted its actually quite bright especialy with the brakes on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The shop was going to throw in the scorpion can as part of the deal to get me to sign up for the bike then thay rang and said there was problems so i asked if i could just pay the difference and have the akro can thay said yes and it cost me another £250 on the deal so i was quite happy with that.
If you could pm me the link as i may well change it up for this year, thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The shop was going to throw in the scorpion can as part of the deal to get me to sign up for the bike then thay rang and said there was problems so i asked if i could just pay the difference and have the akro can thay said yes and it cost me another £250 on the deal so i was quite happy with that.
If you could pm me the link as i may well change it up for this year, thanks
Sweet, wish i got offered that deal.

anyway, i just sent you a PM mate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts