Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to upgrade my bike to something newer. Im wondering how big a difference there is between the ZZR-600 and ZX-6R, both year 2008. Really just wondering about the power. If I would be able to handle the ZX over the ZZR

·
Registered
133 Posts
very true, still wondering if the power is that much different between the two
I believe the current ZZR600 model (from 2005 through 2008) is a re-release of the 2000-2002 ZX-6R, so there wouldn't be much of a point going from a 2005 to 2008 ZZR600 as they are identical bikes.

between the ZZR600 and the ZX-6R, both are 599cc engined, so I think you'd find the power similar between a new ZZR600 and ZX-6R. my guess is that the biggest differences would be in fuel delivery (carburetor vs. fuel injection), transmission (ZX-6R has a sweet slipper clutch), and suspension. so I don't think the ZX-6R would hold a lot of surprises for you but will feel more refined and much more track oriented.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wanting to upgrade my bike to something newer. Im wondering how big a difference there is between the ZZR-600 and ZX-6R, both year 2008. Really just wondering about the power. If I would be able to handle the ZX over the ZZR

1. Do your homework, check the insurance, payments, and comfort. The zzr is a nice bike. I personally think that the zx is a far better machine with slippper clutch, undertail exhaust, and fuel injection, etc, for $2K more.

2.There can never be "too much" power. It all comes down to respecting the machine. You're in control. If you are reckless, undisciplined, or just plain crazy you shouldn't be on a bike. If you treat the bike with respect, you'll be fine.

3. As far as choice, get what you like best. You have to live with it. Power really shouldn't be a concern. On a personal note: I stepped seriously down to my zx. I really wanted a ninja 250 but I was afraid that I would get bored too soon, and start exibiting "reckless behaivour". Never buy a bike you might get bored with.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
mmmm, nihongo. :)

05 ZZR right now, been on it since 07
05 ZZR to 08 ZZR? No way....waste of money. Just burn a couple twenties with a zippo. When in 2007 did you get the ZZR? Any time that you switch bikes too soon you're going to usually get screwed dealing with the negative equity of the trade in........its happened to me and many others and it sucks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.