·
Registered
2,295 Posts
well we know for sure that the 05-06 looks infinity times better than the 09

·
Registered
110 Posts
well we know for sure that the 05-06 looks infinity times better than the 09
Amen to that...not too sure what the performance figures are but from an aesthetic point of view its not even close.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I'm sure the 05/06 will still have more mid range power.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
05/06 is God

mua ha ha ha

·
Registered
353 Posts
Match up how? With a pro level rider I would expect the 09 to be faster then the 05/06. With someone who isn't at the limits of the bike, it doesn't matter. There is probably no one on this site that could ride either of the bikes to its limits.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Match up how? With a pro level rider I would expect the 09 to be faster then the 05/06. With someone who isn't at the limits of the bike, it doesn't matter. There is probably no one on this site that could ride either of the bikes to its limits.
I'm guessing on a dyno. Otherwise, it will always be subjective.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Handling, brakes, and all that aren't subjective. Maybe egronomics and looks are subjective. The new bike is lighter, has better suspension, brakes and probably is faster in a straight line and through corners. That isn't a subjective thing. Now finding a rider that can use the extra from the 09 is the hard part.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah you tell him!

As for what will each do, the looks is down to opinion for sure...the new bike looks like shit
brakes out of the box-new bike no comparison
suspension out of the box-new bike no comparison
power that is yet to be seen-636 always has the trump card even still unless an R6
handling-well surely the new bike being all new should be a progression

but with all this nothing you cant address with the older bike.
Hell maybe i can get one of the eurobikes to do a modded 05/06 bike vs a modded 07/08 vs a stock 09-how sweet would that be?

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I like the way the 09 looks alot.

Maybe moreso than the 636

(Yeah, I said it. *Hides*)

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
stock for stock:

drag strip: 05/06
road course: 09/10

Like jdgun said: nothing that can't be addressed with aftermarket

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
09 looks gross to me. 636 looks much better, except the tail.
I havent ridden either, so I couldnt say on performance, but like said above, for an average rider on the street, im sure they would be neck and neck.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hell maybe i can get one of the eurobikes to do a modded 05/06 bike vs a modded 07/08 vs a stock 09-how sweet would that be?

Agreed, this would be a very cool comparo. Especially since there's A LOT of extra weight savings on the 05/06 with exhaust and tail mods.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts