Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hers is ready to go to paint. Now its my turn!!!!!

At Least winter is good for something!! I want to do more to this bike than I have ever done to a bike thus far, so it will be done in two stages. Stage one to be complete by 5-1-09. The second stage will be done over next winter. The reason I am doing this is, I was really thinking about getting a MV Agusta or a 1098-1198. But that's not me so I decided to build one BAD ass ZX10R. Even doing all this work I figure I am still saving a few K.

Maid a very little bit of progress. Maid a few changes. Posted some pics at the end!

Project 09 ZX10R Stage 1
Custom painted under tail. DONE
integrated tail (Smoked). DONE
Fender eliminator. DONE
Seat cowl (Green). DONE
PC V. (I think Fast Bikes out of G.R. is doing the Map)
Akrapovic Racing Full Exhaust (Carbon fiber). For now M4 slip-on DONE
??? front pads
SPIEGLER SS front lines (Black)
SPIEGLER SS rear line (Black).
BCM air filter. DONE
ASV levers shorty (Black on black). DONE
Sato racing adjustable rear sets (Black).
Spiegler LSL crash pad slider (Green). DONE
Woodcraft 2 piece left case covers (black)
Woodcraft right case cover (black).
Hotbodies rear hugger (Black). DONE
Driven 520 conv. chain, front +-0, rear +-0 (Black).
120-70-17 PP 2CT
190-55-17 PP 2CT

Stage 2:
Ohlins rear shock.
Ohlins front fork inners
wheels
front rotors
rear rotor.​

Started a bit.

Attachments

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Nice.

Make sure you get the new Power Commander.

Also, I like CorsaIII's over PP2CT, but personal pref

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a good project. What brand of fender eliminator and integrated taillight are you getting?
Clear Alternatives-- here is a pic of the fender the turn signals will be taken off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Looks like some one around here isn't being effected by the slumping economy lol. Keep the updates coming. I wish I had the time and the money to mod not one but 2 brand new bikes the extent you are. I'm jealous man not knocking you.

Habs

·
Banned
347 Posts
Marchesini 17-inch forged aluminum wheels

Started a bit.

I would reconsider this choice unless you are only concered about looks. Marchesini's are pretty wheels, but the Aluminum ones weigh the same as stock and have no real noticeable performance advantages. I discovered this and when I sold my BLUE 08 I let the Marches go. I wound up buying BST Carbon Fiber for my GREEN 08, only about 900 dollars more and well worth it. The bike is completely changed with those wheels.

Just food for thought.

Good luck, I will enjoy your thread.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would reconsider this choice unless you are only concered about looks. Marchesini's are pretty wheels, but the Aluminum ones weigh the same as stock and have no real noticeable performance advantages. I discovered this and when I sold my BLUE 08 I let the Marches go. I wound up buying BST Carbon Fiber for my GREEN 08, only about 900 dollars more and well worth it. The bike is completely changed with those wheels.

Just food for thought.

JJ
I agree BUT the bike is going to rode on the street also. So carbon wouldn't be the best choice do to them being brittle (Michigan is POT HOLE city!!) If I was going to keep it on the track hell yea. I have not maid up my mind 100% yet on wheels or rotors. There are many different company's out there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree BUT the bike is going to rode on the street also. So carbon wouldn't be the best choice do to them being brittle (Michigan is POT HOLE city!!) If I was going to keep it on the track hell yea. I have not maid up my mind 100% yet on wheels or rotors. There are many different company's out there.
Carbon wheels are just as durable if not more than almost any other wheel you can get, you are basing your Bias off old wise tales, look into the technology and the testing that goes into those wheels (BST in particular) I would say your chances of having a catastrophic wheel faliure are consciderably less than a alloy or Mag wheel.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
and youre doin this one too. props man, will definitely be nice to see when its done

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carbon wheels are just as durable if not more than almost any other wheel you can get, you are basing your Bias off old wise tales, look into the technology and the testing that goes into those wheels (BST in particular) I would say your chances of having a catastrophic wheel failure are considerably less than a alloy or Mag wheel.
Trust me before I buy I am and will do more research. thanks for your input. I do not mind at all bring on more. I sure as hell don't know everything!!!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
you should send me both bikes and ill build them for you and road and track test them lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
f**cking a right man, way to go, awesome, hope everything goes according to plan can't wait to see finished product and read how it rides.

·
Banned
347 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
OK build was off for a bit. (lay offs at work). But its back on to a point. Just did the M4 slip on for now. Got the huger and seat cowl on. Got the under tail back from paint and on. The custom maid fender eliminator is done and on. Ordered the LSL frame sliders and the ASV shorty levers. Hope to get the Satos in a few weeks.

Here are a few pics so far.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Just food for thought.

JJ
zx 10 needs a little more blue but love the color!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Did you replace the hugger with a gloss black one or did you paint the stock hugger? looks nice and clean.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts