Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having an issue with starting my 09 zx10r after it sits over night. It will usually start on the second or third try but after its been started and shut off then I have no problems with getting it to start up on the first try.

Almost seems like its fighting to get the rpm to idle speed. If I rev it a little while starting then I wont have an issue.

It started doing this a couple weeks after I installed my Racefit growler. I do have Power Commander 5 with the appropriate map.

Could this be a back pressure issue at idle?

·
Registered
369 Posts
How many miles on her?

When did you last change the plugs, air filter, fuel filter/inspected?

If your over 17k miles, you may want to have the valves adjusted/timed.

I would bet it has something to do with your new exhaust and tune if it just started doing it after you put all that on.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
what's the idle set at?
How many miles on her?

When did you last change the plugs, air filter, fuel filter/inspected?

If your over 17k miles, you may want to have the valves adjusted/timed.

I would bet it has something to do with your new exhaust and tune if it just started doing it after you put all that on.
timed? no

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
lrn2/read.

i posted a question for the OP to answer. i've done this a few times, let me work and go play in the sand box or something.

i corrected your post because we don't want the OP to think he should do something that has nothing to do with his issue, or is even desirable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys. I just bought it new from a Kawi dealer in march. Has only 3000miles on it right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts