Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK started the project today. First off this is the WORST bike I have ever worked on. There's got to be 10 pounds in just screws for the plastics. You have to very careful it is very easy to brake the plastics getting it apart. It looks like the list is going to be long for 08-09ZX10R matching parts!!!!

Wife's 09 ZX6R​

Got a litle bit DONE!!! We had to change a few things BUT I think it will turn out good still.

Mods list:
Keeping it Black with Baby blue decals. Almost done
Seat re-wrapped ( Baby blue) DONE
Integrated tail light (Smoked) DONE
Wheel stripes (Baby blue) Working on it
Seat cowl (Black) DONE
Fender eliminator DONE
2 bros (Carbon fiber)
Woodcraft rear sets (Black)
frame sliders (Black) DONE
ASV levers (Long black on black)
Suspension redone for her weight
K&N air
Lower 1 1/2 DONE

Build end date 5-1-09 (hopefully)

That should do it. I will try to keep up on the pics through out the build. Here are a few to start.

I have to start her's so I can get mine started!!!LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Damn. Already down to the meat. That mess of fairings just looks plain annoying. I'll take my '03 with one fairing per side please, not the jigsaw puzzle you have sitting there!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Good luck on the project, i just gotta say that zx10r of yours in sexy its my goal this year to get a green one like that, i see you got the tail section off of it what are you doing to the 10?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
damn, barely even had it that long and its already torn apart. good luck with the project.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
nice but why are you going with the zx10 mirrors with the signals?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i think the paint you are looking for is the Lexus Glacier Frost Mica my man....unless you want more blue.

and by the way, do you mind taking pictures of the tail fairing and other tail pieces? inside and out. i am planning on putting the tail on my 07 so i want to get an idea of what i will be working with. it will be greatly appreciated!!!

and the subframes on those two look so darn similar. they look almost the same except the area towards the frame.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Damn. Already down to the meat. That mess of fairings just looks plain annoying. I'll take my '03 with one fairing per side please, not the jigsaw puzzle you have sitting there!
Yeah it does suck, my 08 10r is the same way. But at the same time say if you go down, you only have to replace one side of the tail or upper instead of the whole piece so in the long run it might be cheaper:dunno:

·
Banned
347 Posts
OK started the project today. First off this is the WORST bike I have ever worked on. There's got to be 10 pounds in just screws for the plastics. You have to very careful it is very easy to brake the plastics getting it apart. It looks like the list is going to be long for 08-09ZX10R matching parts!!!!

Wife's 09 ZX6R

Mods list:
Custom paint (White with a bit a blue flake)
Air brushing labels back on (Baby blue)
Seat re-wrapped ( Baby blue)
Shave turn signals
Integrated tail light (Smoked)
ZX10R mirrors with turn signals
Wheel stripes (Baby blue)
Seat cowl (Baby blue)
Fender eliminator
Akrapovic exhaust (Carbon fiber)
Woodcraft rear sets (Black)
LSL frame sliders (Black)
DB windscreen (Light smoke)
Pazzo levers (Long black on black)
Suspension redone for her weight
K&N air
Lower 1 1/2​

Build end date 5-1-09 (hopefully)

That should do it. I will try to keep up on the pics through out the build. Here are a few to start.

I have to start her's so I can get mine started!!!LOL

Good for you on the mirrors and turnsignals. Me like also.

I have a question for you. Would the 09 ZX6 FRONT seat fit on your 09 ZX10R?

Are they inter changeable?

The reason I ask is the Special Edition 09 ZX6 I believe is coming with a GREEN seat and if so I would like to buy one for my Green 08 ZX10. I already have bought the 09 10R REAR seat in Green, now I would like to have a front GREEN seat as well.

I have an 08 ZX10R with 09 GREEN lowers and 09 Green Rear seat so I guess you could see where I am going with this.

If you can tell me if the 09 6R and the 09 10R FRONT seats are the same I can go ahead and order me the green one.

Thanks,

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts

The reason I ask is the Special Edition 09 ZX6 I believe is coming with a GREEN seat and if so I would like to buy one for my Green 08 ZX10. I already have bought the 09 10R REAR seat in Green, now I would like to have a front GREEN seat as well.

I have an 08 ZX10R with 09 GREEN lowers and 09 Green Rear seat so I guess you could see where I am going with this.

If you can tell me if the 09 6R and the 09 10R FRONT seats are the same I can go ahead and order me the green one.

Thanks,

JJ
I asked a buddy of mine over on a local forum who has his 09 down to the frame and he said...
JohnnyP636 said:
Part numbers are different
09 ZX6R- 53066-0246-MA
09 ZX10R-53066-0188-MA

They do look very similar thou, so the part numbers might be different even thou they might fit...
Going off looks and that the subframe looks the same I would say they fit but hopefully the OP can chime in for you and be more helpful :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks,

JJ
I havent checked yet but thats my idea to. I will check on that ASAP!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
jealous jealous jealous i want ur 10r the 6r is nice too. i guess u have a litttle change lying aorund in order to get both bikes suped up. good luck keep the pics coming

1 - 20 of 57 Posts