Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn that sexy ass Swingarm on the 09 ZX6R..

juts like the 10R and as soon as some individual crashes or parts it out i am going to do the conversion, like the 03/05 brothers have done before us.

Nothing like a new project.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow, i was actually thinking the exact same thing JD, took a look at the 09 swingarm, and said I must have it!

Looks like a works swingarm eh?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I wonder how it would affect the geometry of the bike, if at all. I'd like to see it done, I was thinking about doing that too.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
should be notciably stiffer, the geometry would be easy enough to change, just a matter of seeing the clearance of the shock reservoir.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life as I just found it... I'm keeping an open eye because come February (birthday time), I better have one sitting in my bedroom. So damn sexy and will look even better than the '05-'08 arms. I'm glad I've waited this long to do the swap.

Now I have to decide whether to do gunmetal wheels ('05-'06) or gloss black wheels ('07-'08).

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
You can buy my gunmetals if I can make myself pull the trigger on some forged wheels

i'd like the forks off the new zx6

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i am goign to hard anodize my carrozzeria wheels, for something different...

also i am waiting on the microfiche for the swingarm or picking up a zx10r swingarm as they say it is supposed to be a near identical unit.

guess i wont be needing the 2 spare 05/06 swingarms i have in my garage.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
You can buy my gunmetals if I can make myself pull the trigger on some forged wheels
We'll have to keep in touch when the time comes... :D
yeah i am goign to hard anodize my carrozzeria wheels, for something different...

also i am waiting on the microfiche for the swingarm or picking up a zx10r swingarm as they say it is supposed to be a near identical unit.

Yea, I was going to look into the 10 swingarm too, but I was pretty sure from what I've read, it's not all the same.

·
Registered
402 Posts

any of those 2 swingarms still have the bit for the bobbins on them ?
mine is broken on one side and bent on the other so if you're selling I might grab one of them

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
both are in almost new condition with the spool mounts on them as you are asking.
like anything in life things are always for sale.
Shoot me a Pm if you want one and yes i will ship overseas, though from looking at ebay overseas you may be better off getting it there, as not sure on shipping something of this size.

last time i shipped some Slip-on mufflers to sweden it was pretty pricey.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
had mine rewelded on after a driveway incident when i brought it home, bike was brand new and a tip over in the driveway WTF?

i recall people thought i was crazy for bitching about how the peice snapped right off.
had it rewelded and crashed on track and it stayed put just fine.
How time flies

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Yeah but mine broke off and FELL off on the road somewhere :lol: I can't reattach it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts