Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy I work with just bought a used 07 gsxr 750 only had 3000 miles on it. He has never ridden before, but this was his DREAM bike since he was a kid. Since it was an hour away and he had no trailer he wanted me to drive it back to his house. He has no experience riding. I rode my bike (09 zx6r) to his house so i could get a back to back feel for the two bikes. FYI: I started on a 08 250r and have ridden an 08 R6 before for a few miles but dont remember it too well. This is what I thought of the gixxer:

My initial impression was wow the seat is actually lower then my zx6r. The seat was very soft too. The engine sounded a bit lower and rumbled more than the zx. The rider position is a little more upright and the tank is a bit smaller. The rider position seemed a bit more laid back, not as racey. Well thats enough of that junk.

Anyway we took off, I followed my buddy who was in front in his car. The gixxer felt kinda of light, not nearly as light as the zx but not bad. The first turn out of the driveway was like Woah! The damn thing didnt want to turn. When i wanted it to turn I would lean for a second and then it wanted to straighten out. Its like it really had trouble turning sharper then 90 degrees. It was a nighmare manuevering around slow small bends. Eventually we got out to the highway. This is where i really wanted to see the good ole gixxer 750 power. I hit the trottle and to my suprise it didnt seem faster then the zx. I thought maybe i had to hit it a little harder to feel the power. To my suprise nothing different. I really didnt see all the hype with the gixxer 750 power. Anyway the highway ride was fun. I will admit the slightly more upright positioning made the highway ride nice. I felt like i was almost on a crusier compared to the zx, Eventually i started to like it. Not too bad i thought, nice seat, easy rider position, not bad. Off the highway and to the back roads again really pissed me the F-off. Once again the damn thing felt heavy into turns and i couldnt get a feel for the bike. Argggg this bike doesnt like twistes

Got back to his house and finally I hopped back on the zx6r.
Soooo: my initial impression of the gixxer was shitty, then it went to okay/good....then it changed again once i got back on my zx and onto the back roads. --->back to shitty

The control on our bikes is unmatched. I felt like i was on a solid piece of machinery again. I felt like i woke up from a bad dream when i got back on the zx. The throttle on the zx is so crisp and precise. The feel for the bike is insane compared to the gixxer. The engine felt smooth again, the rumble on the gixxer was a bit annoying, a lot of buzz in my feet. I got to a straight part in the road and hit it hard in 3rd, Damn was all i could say. It felt faster then the gixxer did, I felt POWERFUL again. I could turn again, hahaha, twisties were fun again. Really I dont see all the hype with the 750. Unless you have to get it goin past 14,000 rpm I didnt see a difference in power at all. If anything the zx felt faster. I will say crusing on the highway on the gixxer was fun, the seat is very soft :) But, we really do have the best of the best. (ZX6R, in case your a dumbass)

I wrote this bc any of you that have heard a kid brag about his gsxr 750 knows what im talking about. They brag about how theirs is a 750 and make it a point to make sure you know yours is only a 600 and yet again his is a 750. Yes dumbass it has 150cc more i really dont care. Really there is nothing special about that bike. If anything smile at him and agree with him and DONT let him ride your bike because in the end, the only thing your gonna accomplish is crush his dream bike. He will want yours or he will lie and say he liked his better and will have nightmares the rest of his life, im not the kind of person that would do that to another rider, or would I? Really it has nothing on ours, although I will say it does have.....................................a softer seat :)

P.S. Yes I know it was an 07 gixxer, but really thats pretty much a brand new bike, it only had 3000 miles on it. Its not like they changed their entire bike over anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an 07 gixxer not 08 like the title says

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
the handling could be from a few things. suspension set up like total garbage, tire pressures not set. i would bet on a combo between the two. whenever you get a new used bike home, you should do all the maintenance work on it, oil, brake fluid, suspension check, set sag, clean and adjust and wax chain. then go ride it. otherwise you never know what the PO had fucked up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the handling could be from a few things. suspension set up like total garbage, tire pressures not set. i would bet on a combo between the two. whenever you get a new used bike home, you should do all the maintenance work on it, oil, brake fluid, suspension check, set sag, clean and adjust and wax chain. then go ride it. otherwise you never know what the PO had fucked up.
big +1
As I'm reading the OP's review, I"m thinkin 'this sounds like low tire pressure to me'

Get both of them setup and then compare...

Now get your friend to get sliders and/or take off the bodywork on his new baby for a little bit so they can get acquainted.

·
Registered
224 Posts
thats realy shocking. bcuz i owned an 06 gsxr 600 (totalled by a drunk) and the only 600cc bike i felt had balls bside it, is my 03 636. I ridn my cousin 08 gsxr 1000 n my buddies 07 gsxr 750. Ive never had a bad experience. Now no doubt any 600 cc ridin by sum1 capable is faster off the line n is a bit more responsive then 750 or thou. Wat I suggest is take that thing on a hwy then bac 2 me. This is kinda y alot of individuals like 600, its fast when it needs 2 b n more enjoyable ride n cities, easier 2 handle.

If it sounds like im endorsing suzuki, well Ive been a fan of kawasaki and suzuki since I was a kid. This is y i cant ever c me sellin my 03 636(the best 6 kawi ever made IMO).

·
Registered
224 Posts
btw, my nxt addition is either goin 2 b a zx10(not sure wat yr yet) or a gsxr1000 (08-09)

·
Registered
949 Posts
hmm while i didnt ride the 750, the 07 gsxr 600 handled great. It was really down on power though. The heavy ass 08 gsxr 1000 i felt great on. I think it depends what fits each individual rider best

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts