Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would go for option C.
Taling the extra precaution to make sure everything is fully settled in is worth it. Going another 1G on petro isn't going to hurt in the least bit. The fact of staying on top of oil changes period is the most important aspect.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
sgates, you said "Have a new oil filter that just came into the dealership". dont tell me this is the first new oil filter you put on!
Well anyway I also have the 03 and I am waiting until 2300-2500 and then going to run with MOTUL 5100 semi-synthetic. I have 2100 miles on her already. I dont think that 1000 miles is yet enough to run synthetic or semi. Personally I wouldn't run full synthetic, but thats just my opinion. cost too much, possible clutch slipage, not enough reasons to go with full over semi, and completely stops break in.

Faster then a speeding...
Ticket

·
Registered
755 Posts
So I am @ 1,000 miles finally. Have a new oil filter that just came into the dealership. What do you think, go to full synthetic and let it rip; or, go with petroleum oil and let it rip. I broke it in properly, and feel like it is ready to rip. I think full synthetic stops the break-in, but I keep hearing about clutch slippage. So do I

A> Go full synthetic and let her go
B> Semi-syntheitc and let her go
C> Go with petroleum oil until 2K miles, and still let her go

Let's see what this baby can do.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The filter is going to be the second. The first was the '02 ZX6R oil filter, this is the OEM for the '03. No difference I guess.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Full-synthetic (not semi-) is the most highly recommended grade motor oil for high rpm-ranged engines. Such oil is recommended for sport bikes after the engine has been properly broken in. Lastly, 1000 miles is the standard (and all that is necessary) mileage parameter for break-in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.