Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 days now with Thrust Co. stage 1 sprockets and the set up is fucking SAHWEEEEEEEEEEEEET....Just thought you all should know.

You can find yours at Moto-Heaven.....No I dont work for them I just thought that they were a great company all around, Cheap, fast and cool on da phone

Peace Bitches

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can't go wrong with the thrust company sprockets from motoheaven. I run them on my stuntbike and they hold up great compared to a lot of the other stuff I have tried. Plus it only took 2 days to receive them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey what material is the rear made of?????

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice. I go to Cal Poly and I'll be movin up in about a week. I haven't seen any great twisties in the area, do you know of any?

pch north bound from SAN luis O... i rode it from santa barbara to santa cruz... it gets good from cambria all the way up to monterey...

we hit up the last few motogp's....

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Stage 1 sprockets?? Makes them sound like turbo kits...
lol that was my thought, & yes -1/+2 is a pretty drastic change, i went back to just -1 front because i was tired of the high rpms on the highway

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
lol that was my thought, & yes -1/+2 is a pretty drastic change, i went back to just -1 front because i was tired of the high rpms on the highway
I run my track gearing sometimes on the street -1,+5 talk about high revs. Everyone on the expressway thinks I am getting ready to race them since I am at such high revs in 6th.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I run my track gearing sometimes on the street -1,+5 talk about high revs. Everyone on the expressway thinks I am getting ready to race them since I am at such high revs in 6th.
lol, where you doing your trackdays?? i'm pretty sure that i'm gonna be doing ALOT of them next year, i think i read your w/ NESBA right??

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
lol, where you doing your trackdays?? i'm pretty sure that i'm gonna be doing ALOT of them next year, i think i read your w/ NESBA right??
No I race Expert with CCS. I did do one track day this year with sportbiketracktime. I race at Blackhawk Farms alot which is a small 1.9 mile course. The -1/+5 means alot of shifting but the drive I get out of the turns is awsome. I was tied for 3rd place in points for one of my unlimited classes before my trans broke and I missed out on some races.

If you come to any IL tracks let me know and if I am off I will run with you.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
No I race Expert with CCS. I did do one track day this year with sportbiketracktime. I race at Blackhawk Farms alot which is a small 1.9 mile course. The -1/+5 means alot of shifting but the drive I get out of the turns is awsome. I was tied for 3rd place in points for one of my unlimited classes before my trans broke and I missed out on some races.

If you come to any IL tracks let me know and if I am off I will run with you.
sweet, i'm in the process of making my list of 2nd parts to have laying around, plastics, forks etc.. who do you have that does your suspension?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey what material is the rear made of?????
"All of our Drive Kits include a lightweight 7075-T6 alloy rear sprocket, drilled and lightened case-hardened steel front sprocket, and x-ring racing chain cut to length."

I paid 160 because I wanted a green chain otherwise they are 140 for the kit

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
after my last aluminum rear sprocket i'll deal w/ the extra 1/2 lb that a steel adds, 2 teeth gone & 5 more bent & ready to break

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice. I go to Cal Poly and I'll be movin up in about a week. I haven't seen any great twisties in the area, do you know of any?
Yea!!! there is HW1 North, 41 East out of atascadero, and shit ton of back roads through the whole county that are good to ride. Drop me a line after you get settled and we can ride.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
after my last aluminum rear sprocket i'll deal w/ the extra 1/2 lb that a steel adds, 2 teeth gone & 5 more bent & ready to break
I thought about that, but I figured since its the first time i have messed with the gearing and have only been riding sportbikes for a year and a half I would see how she lasts.

And it kills me everytime i see that COWBOYS logo and you are from Indiana.....Im a huge COLTS fan originally from Dayton

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
And it kills me everytime i see that COWBOYS logo and you are from Indiana.....Im a huge COLTS fan originally from Dayton
:D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
-1, +2 is pretty common but depending on the track you will need to swap out the rear, if its a bigger track. When I had my zx6r, my combo was -1 front accompanied with a race throttle, this gives high torque that lets me lift the front tire coming out of corners.

·
Registered
25 Posts
how does that work? does that take off your top end or your low end? and i went to the site but i didnt see anything for a 05 636? does anyone know where i can just get that front sprocket and not the set?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts