Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, im sure most of u guys would be bored or wouldnt care for the 1/4 mile times, but im just curious what u guys get on the new 636's , because i would like to compare the track times here, compared to the track times in the the magazines, and plus what gear is usually required by the tracks? im interested in taking it to the 1/4 mile track because my friends are going in their cars and i figure why not take my 636 along as well thanks

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hell i don't know the times, i don't have a 636:( but if you're any good on lauching off the line on a bike your friends are toast. track equipment requires full leathers, an approved helmet, boots? and changing the coolant with distilled water. oh yeah and safety wiring everything on your bike

i am so moving somewhere where the riding season is longer!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Best pass to date on the 2003 6RR is a 10.05. Here's the breakdown:

60' 330' 1/8 et 1/8 mph 1000' 1/4 et 1/4 mph
1.538 4.168 6.378 109.16 8.361 10.05 132.37

This probably would have been a 9.95 pass as I had trouble hitting 4th and on my 2002 I have ran 9.89 with a 6.375 1/8th mile et.

Bike is almost fully Supersport prepped for AMA Prostar dragracing and I am using a full Muzzy pipe, kit ECU with my own map, Nutec fuel, ceramic wheel bearings, and a Fox Shock.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Ninja636, check out THIS thread: /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4534

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
446 Posts
put the RR in the 9's this weekend

60' 330' 1/8 et 1/8 mph 1000' 1/4 et 1/4 mph
1.545 4.154 6.355 110.99 8.284 9.932 136.04

·
Registered
16 Posts
CH,
That's fat! I have an 01 with NOS. I have your MPH+ but only 1.6 sec 60', and my 1/8 is about 7 sec. What components are helping you get out of the hole that fast? I feel as though I can't get any more power into it before the 60' without wheelies ( I got the muzzy lowering links and a strap for the front. Are you using those things, is your wheelbase stock?
Thanks Bro.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Front & rear are lowered to meet 600ss class minimum of 2" ground clearance. I made my own dog bones and have modified the fork internals to lower them.

gear is 14/43; just a lot of sliding of the clutch and locking the throttle immediately.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah CH great job... very impressive... keep up the good work, and keep us posted...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone out there that ran sotck or just about stock. Was wondering what the time was. Want to know how back I am going to kick my buddies asses.

-matt
03 6R

·
Registered
107 Posts
I haven't ran the 1/4 this year, but alot of 1/8th. Best time so far this year was a 1.62-60ft, 6.71-1/8th, 106mph. All I had done to my bike when I ran this was sprockets. 14-44. Now I have a full RS-3 Yosh and a power commander, but haven't had a chance to see what it will run.

Hey Chip, I was wondering what suspension settings you are running on the back, or any advice?

Just Testing Your Radar Officer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
On July 18th, 19th, and 20th, Eddyville Raceway Park is hosting an all bike weekend drag race. The track is an excellent facility owned by Karl Moyer. The largest Chevy dealership in Iowa. He also used to race IHRA Pro Mod. So if any body is interested in racing or is close to the area I would contact the track at http:\\www.eddyvilleraceway.com or just ask me. The following weekend is the BIR Big Race in Minnesota, so i'm hoping for some traffic from this. They have a bunch of different classes and pay outs, but i'm not sure what the purses will be. The promotor is Iowa Harley Drag Racing Association so i'm trying to convince them that alot of street bikes and other brand drag bikes will show up if put out the cash.

Just Testing Your Radar Officer.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Using a Fox shock on the rear set up pretty stiff; only about 1/2" sag when I sit on it. Also using the -2mm setting on the swingarm pivot but not 100% convinced it is the best setting yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmmm At centerville a 1000ft track here in little rock i ran a 7.8033 in the 1000ft at 121 mph with a zx636 with power commander and slipon thats it.. Clutch is prolly gonna go fast though launching at 10-12 grand :-/ And dont worry i Still have the track slips so they will be getting posted :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
I went 11.3 @ 122 basically stock at 2500 feet track. 106 degrees outside. So I guess not bad but I suck out of the hole. CH WTF Is all done to that thing? Damn thats fast! I saw a hybusa only run low 10's!
Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.