Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what a 95-97 ZX6r should be running. I have sprockets (2 up in the rear and 1 down in the front), D&D can, K&N filter with 2 gallons of 116 octane and thats about all i can think of. The fastest ive gone in the 1/4 was a 11.59 and that was on a protree. My MPH is usually around the 116-120 range. So what can i do to better my times, in regards to bike performance along with personally riding skill.

·
Registered
164 Posts
well you can go with a full exhaust instead of a can and also an ignition advancer and a good jet kit. that should help a little but other than that you would be getting into some serious internal engine mods. 11.59 isnt shabby though for a 95-97 model. if you are running that fast then your technique is pretty good as well. aside from high $$ stuff you dont have a lot of room for improvement just maybe a couple of tenths

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, i do have cams but to install cams is 460 bucks. S0 i doubt i could flow that cash while in college, only to acheive 6 hp max. i do have the jets that are sized for the exhuast i have, i believe its 150, my carbs are cleaner than a whistle, coolant was recently flushed...so i guess mid 11's are probally gonna be it for this bike.

·
Registered
164 Posts
well i dont know about parts availability for your bike but factory has some race jet kits that require carb body mods but the tuning level is supposed to be unmatched especially for those low rpm bogs associated with most kits. You could probably squeeze out more than 6hp with the cams with some port work and a full exhaust but again that is getting into serious $$. again though an ignition advancer helps but mostly midrange so i dont know about 1/4 mile time benefits but on the street it definately helps.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went back, same mods as before, and got my time down to a 11.56 @ 119.36. Much better from the last time i raced. My reaction times are usually pretty good and this one happened to be a .5132 with a 1.9 60 ft. I did a few other amazing feeling runs but the goofball give me the two people behind me timeslips...Pretty stoked anyhow.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 2002 ZX6r with a K$N and a Yosh pipe and got my bike to a 11.2 @ 122? It's also +4 in the rear my 60's were 1.8's..i dunno looking for a litre bike now.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, i only tried the race gas because the gate attendent didnt charge me so i had 20 to spare...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have run 11.20s @ 120ish with my '01. Aftermarket can, -1/+2 gearing, stock ride height, etc.

Reaction time has nothing to do with elasped time. Your elapsed time starts when you BREAK the starting line beam. You can sit at the line for 5 minutes after the light turns green and still run an 11 second e.t.

However, 60ft time (1.86 my best) has everything to do with elasped time on a sportbike. If you don't get it perfectly between wheel spin, bog, or wheelie, your elapsed time will suffer. Not an easy task unless you have the front strapped, bike lowered, and/or swingarm lengthened.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i know that reaction time has nothing to do with overall time. But i tend to brag about it...I noticed that the two people so far that have listed times were both 2000+ model bikes...anyone ran a F1 zx6r?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im going 1/8th mile at lancaster on saturday i will tell u what the 05 zzr does.... with just a can and -1 in the front...... we can only hope i weigh a whole 145 pounds so im gonna be sittin on the tank slippin the clutch like a mother so she wont wanna high fly on that track no wheel spin and super smooth..... u think i should lower the ride height in the rear and stiffen the preload in the front since i cant pull my forks apart and put spacers in tomorrow or just run what i brung lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have an F1 and Once I get it all together Ill be hitting the drag strip. I replaced the sprockets with stock ones and I raised it back up, dont know if that will change anything too much. But Ill be at the 1/4 mile pretty soon seeing what I can do.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Say you should make the 3 hour drive to san anotonio raceway....its actually in marion and the track is amazing. Then we can run f1 vs f1....lol but 3 hours is a drive.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
lower your bike bro... cheapest way to lower your e.t. i found -1,+2 works best with the j1, i dont know about the f1. its all about the 60ft. lower that time by ajusting your launch and you'll see your et drop. there was a f1 at the track a year or so ago and with exhaust, jet and lowered 2in, no strap, he was running 11.00's, i was impressed, i know that thing could have ran tens, my best is 10.89 at 126, 1.72 60ft, thats tire spin, i just got my slick so when the weather starts coolin down i hope my 60ft does too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my lowering links are coming in about a week from now, i might strap it, and last im trying to make a trade up from my exhuast to an akra...if the deal works out. So yea, 10's is what im shooting for with my bike. A new tire would do me wonders...im riding on a shitacular hard compound tire...lame.

·
Registered
57 Posts
YEA Saturday night 1/8th mile at lancaster the bike consistently did 7.45 @ 99 mph.... ran outta gear i have a yosh rs3 and -1 sprocket on front thats it not too bad

·
Registered
155 Posts
Originally posted by 20incher
Say you should make the 3 hour drive to san anotonio raceway....its actually in marion and the track is amazing. Then we can run f1 vs f1....lol but 3 hours is a drive.
Ya man that would be awesome. 3 hours is childs play for me. I averaged 700 miles a day for 16 days going to alaska and back, on a motorcycle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.