Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find this set-up for my 636. Who makes them and where can I buy them online? A search of this site hasn't turned up anything.

Thanks,
-r.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Here you go check it out, tried to get a group buy but people kept falling off the list.
This is what i have for the ZX6R, not sure how it works yet as i am still in turkey 49 days to go.

http://www.simonkobejapan.com/special1.html

Hope this helps you out, also have this for my RC51...Great stuff and ALOT cheaper then the KHI version

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got mine for Rifleman from zx10r.net. Its a little insert and it cost $25 bucks. Works awesome, cant do without. Do a search and you'll find his contact.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Are you guys using these for drag racing or road racing? I've always been scared the throttle would be too touchy to use it in a road racing application.

Edit: I just saw the STT sticker on the side of your bike, so I guess you're using it for road racing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Originally posted by senfo
Are you guys using these for drag racing or road racing? I've always been scared the throttle would be too touchy to use it in a road racing application.

Edit: I just saw the STT sticker on the side of your bike, so I guess you're using it for road racing.
yes it is for road racing, the throttle control is the name of the game in road racing

·
Registered
481 Posts
I got rifleman's band, but ended up cementing a strip of wire-tie around the throttle grip cam instead. This way I can get to WOT sooner driving out a corner, and I don't have wrist pain trying to do it.

The throttle's easy enough to modulate with the band on. With a PC tuned for smooth response (i.e. a custom map made on a dyno), it works great.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mine's a factory kawi race team setup with magnesium housing.....but you already knew that Ron.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.