Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone was running in the 1/8 mile on there zx6r and RR's. I went to the track tonight and ran a consitent 7.3 sec times @ 98mph and one 7.2 sec run @ 101mph. I have a 04 zx6RR with a Muzzy oval slip on, and powercommander. There was one zx10 running 6.9's at his fastest but I just wanted to see if I had comparable numbers to everyone else. I thought my bike was faster than this but I guess being .3 sec slower than a 10R isn't bad! :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
What rpm do you launch at? I guess you slip the clutch a little? I want to take my 05 to the track (1/8 mile) soon, just looking for some tips.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 2005 zx6-r
What rpm do you launch at? I guess you slip the clutch a little? I want to take my 05 to the track (1/8 mile) soon, just looking for some tips.
I leave the line at 7k rpm and feather the clutch until about 11k rpm thats the only way I can leave the line fast with stock gearing. also must lean forward to keep front down... Good luck

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't know about 1/8 mile times but a lot of guys on here are running a full .5 second slower or worse than what they say in the magazines. It just comes down to the launch which is harder than hell to do on a bike, compared to a car. What were your 60ft times? That'll probably tell the story. I'm mostly talking out of my ass because I haven't taken my bike to the drag strip yet but I'm sure my times will suck for that reason.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was going to the track alot on my 04 636 and running stock my best time was 7.0 at 101 mph. I havent been with my muzzy and pcIII. the 7.0 is the fastest I have seen on a stock zx6r.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just got back from the track tonight. My first time ever running a bike. My best was a 7.573. And I know I wasn't getting off the line or through first good. All this on a stock 05 636

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.