Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed it , it power wheelies mad in first, but feels like big beat no speed from 3rd up.... I am having it changed back today.

Anyone else had this feeling?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dudes, your mistaken, it definatley goes harder, but not all the way up. I am measuring myself agains my wife with her CBR 600rr. She way lighter, and before sprocket, we use to be even through acceleration. ON about 220km/h I would go past her and she wouldn't see me again. With the new sprocket, I make like a bike length more than her from 1st to second and then she starts catching up. Plays with her throttle behind me on top speed.

Not worth it.

·
28,939 Posts
Originally posted by Fade-Dude
Dudes, your mistaken, it definatley goes harder, but not all the way up. I am measuring myself agains my wife with her CBR 600rr. She way lighter, and before sprocket, we use to be even through acceleration. ON about 220km/h I would go past her and she wouldn't see me again. With the new sprocket, I make like a bike length more than her from 1st to second and then she starts catching up. Plays with her throttle behind me on top speed.

Not worth it.

sounds to me like she is a better rider than you. [B)]

i think your mind is playing tricks on ya buddy, -1 pulls a LOT quicker everywhere. just wont top out as high, but gets there easier.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh, no I don;t think shes better, shes good, but not better :D
Picked the bike up now again. I can feel where the -1 helped, low down it made much more power than stock. But I like the feel up top with the stock that I have back now again. I guesse if you do alot of town driving and spend your time in lower revvs its allright. I spend most of my time up above 9K rpms and i'm glad the bike feels like it should now again.

Keep in mind, I am a bit heavy for the bike, 96KG's with gear, where optimal rider is 55kg's (i think). I wanted to do the -1 to compensate for my weight, but I did not get the result I was looking for.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool, different strokes for different folks :D just wanted to get other people's opinions.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
personally i am thnking +2 is to much as far as normal use...the RPM is way to high when in 6th just cruising and it gives out a shit load more vibration..But power and accleration wise i think it is a very good mod, and you dont lose any top end that i have seen with the +2 on it.

Have had it to 154mph with more to go (speedohealer & GPS), and that is actual not the dumb ass input of i was doing 168mph and i had so much more left in it as their speedos are off by over 12% not including tire wear adding to that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.