Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is up with alot of bikes running around with 1 headlamp light lit is there a special meaning to it or are they just poor school kids or are they just dumb-asses ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
Originally posted by stang
what is up with alot of bikes running around with 1 headlamp light lit is there a special meaning to it or are they just poor school kids or are they just dumb-asses ?
New stock design. Two single-filament bulbs. One is on for low-beam, both for high beams. All sportbikes come that way these days. And there's literally not a single good reasoning behind it that I've heard of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
Single filament bulbs are more reliable... otherwise not much can be said here. SportRider had a thing about it like a year ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
I think people pay more attention to a motorcycle more with only one lamp because they see that something is wrong with it (light out) and notice it. Also, because I've have people on several occasions chase me down on the road only to inform me that I had a head light out.

I've also heard that with both light on at night a motorcycle can look like a car far away
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks did not know cauz both my low-beams are on all the time i have a 01 ZX12R just thought it ment something sorry if it a stupid post
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,279 Posts
Originally posted by hockeynut258
I think people pay more attention to a motorcycle more with only one lamp because they see that something is wrong with it (light out) and notice it.
best reason that i hae heard of yet. i just drive around with both hi and low on most all the time. unless i can tell it is bothering a driver around me, then i cut the hi off for a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Originally posted by tdahle
Single filament bulbs are more reliable... otherwise not much can be said here. SportRider had a thing about it like a year ago.
My car has been in the family since 98'. We have never changed the headlights up till this past month when I put in brighter bulbs, but not cause the were burned out. These are daul filiments with 125k miles on the car. I think they last just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by Hawkshot99



My car has been in the family since 98'. We have never changed the headlights up till this past month when I put in brighter bulbs, but not cause the were burned out. These are daul filiments with 125k miles on the car. I think they last just fine.
I'm guessing it also takes less amperage(sp?) for just one light as well...
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top