Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put on the -1 tooth vortex sproket, its an awsome mod, i just need know my speed when im going 60mph. i think its about 5mph off, but not sure. please help if possible.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
+1 on the speedohealer. You don't want to rack more miles than you actually put on the bike.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, the bike can rack up more miles on the speedo then are actully on the bike???

im going to get a speed healer.

but for now, im trying to do the math on how to calculate the speed.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I know that on my bike, with a Pirelli Diablo Corsa, and the -1 teeth in the front, when my bike said I was going 100 I was actually only going 86. I drove by a police speed thing to figure it out. So, thats 14% off which comes out to 56mph when the speedo says 65, and 65 when the speedo says 75. Be sure to check though so you don't go speeding through town and get a ticket, try to find a police thing in your area.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i guess ill ride by thise police speed thingie tomorrow, i know its gota be off by a little, maby alot.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Keep this in mind when you ride by the "police speed thingie": The difference in your indicated speed and what is shown on your speedo is not entirely attributable to the sprocket change... From what I understand, pretty much all digital speedos have a fairly large % error from the factory (anywhere from 5-10%). If you want to see how much the sprocket changed your indicated speed, find a buddy with the same bike as you and ride next to him on the interstate and compare speeds... When I changed the front sprocket on mine, the difference was only about 4-6 mph at freeway speeds. But add that on top of the factory error, and you're probably looking at well over 10mph of error at those speeds. Another thing to consider: People always say,"yeah, my speedo is off by 8 mph" or some other random number. Well... not to be picky, but its not off by mph; its off by a percentage. The difference between a 10% error at 20 mph and a 10% error at 100 mph is...well... a lot. You get the picture...

End of rant... just my .02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.