Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just put the red stickers on from tapeworks... not sure if i like them yet or not.

at night they look really good just not sure if i like them during the day yet. they are way less subtle than the stock ones.

you can see everything on my bike is black (rearsets, bolts, pass pegs) so i was going for the whole dark and sexy look.

what do you guys think? i only have one side on right now, so i can keep looking at both sides to compare and also to get opinions from people i know.

better pics coming soon (with or without the red stickers... but with sexy girls posing on the bike!!)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I dont care for the red stickers but its your bike and I dont have to live with it. But Im all about being custom so.....[8D]

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Cargo
I dont care for the red stickers but its your bike and I dont have to live with it. But Im all about being custom so.....[8D]
yea im still not sure about them either.

thats why im trying to get opinions.

they are just layovers so if i want i can take them off and still have the stock stickers there.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Looks good but if it were me I'd just leave the Kawi on the tank and 636 on the mid. Pull the Ninja sticker and Zx6r on the tail and it would look much better. imo :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
i like the red - it does seem to kinda date the bike a little for some reason, but in a retro way- makes me think of night rider - but i think it looks aggressive and hot - just make sure you keep her clean, otherwise might look bad...

i'd loose the kawi sticker - just have the two on front and back- dont' like that kawi one - looks small

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well for those saying get rid of such and such stickers.

1. the kawi sticker cant go.... its clearcoated over. and it either stays grey (stock) or red. and it would look stupid if everything else was red and that was grey.

2. im not getting rid of any stickers, i actually like them all.

i just cant decide what color i like better. :(

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The 2nd pic looks much better but I think if it was a darker red it would blend with the black better, right now i think it is to much of a contrast.[8D]

·
Registered
256 Posts
You want it dark so you add red? Seems counter-intuitive, IMO.

Not a fan of the red personally.

I have a black '06.. you make me want a DB windscreen now..

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Uncle Ben
You want it dark so you add red? Seems counter-intuitive, IMO.

Not a fan of the red personally.

I have a black '06.. you make me want a DB windscreen now..
yea i duno, i saw pics of another guys bike who looks almost the same as mine (minus the black rearsets, pass pegs, and upper triple tree) with red stickers and it looked badass.

def get the dark smoke windscreen! makes the bike look totally different.

·
Registered
261 Posts
that is fkn awsome!!!! when i was a kid the first streetbike i ever saw was a black ninja with red lettering, and i've been infatuated with ninjas from then on. that should be a factory color scheme imo

·
Registered
683 Posts
Originally posted by FrankTheTank636<br>that is fkn awsome!!!! when i was a kid the first streetbike i ever saw was a black ninja with red lettering, and i've been infatuated with ninjas from then on. that should be a factory color scheme imo
[:+1]

The first sportbike I ever saw back in the 80's was that color scheme (ninja 1000). The exhaust was gutted and the sound was unbelieavable. Why with me ninja and black go way back. Definitely original.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Sorry, my friend, I don't like. The red ones are too "in-your-face", they completely ruin the whole stealth thing you have going there. Just my opinion though. Once I get some spare money to powdercoat all my non-black pieces and get some black fairing screws, I'll be peeling my stickers off altogether. I've always been a "de-badger" though:)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by moloko
Sorry, my friend, I don't like. The red ones are too "in-your-face", they completely ruin the whole stealth thing you have going there. Just my opinion though. Once I get some spare money to powdercoat all my non-black pieces and get some black fairing screws, I'll be peeling my stickers off altogether. I've always been a "de-badger" though:)
i hate stickers and badges on cars, but on a bike i duno i like the sticker scheme our bikes have unlike the hondas and gixxers with the big huge designs and everything.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Originally posted by ben8jam
i like the red - it does seem to kinda date the bike a little for some reason, but in a retro way- makes me think of night rider - but i think it looks aggressive and hot - just make sure you keep her clean, otherwise might look bad...

i'd loose the kawi sticker - just have the two on front and back- dont' like that kawi one - looks small
+1
makes your bike look older and if it were to get dirty it would complex the problem.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I like them but personaly would have left the "Ninja" and ZX-6R off the bike. I think it would be much cleaner and much more subtle with just the Kawi on the tank and the 636 on the fairings.

Just noticed this, did you paint the top triple clamp? Have any better pics of that? I have been thinking of getting my top triple powder coated black. The silver just doesn't look right to me.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
as for the black "stelth" thing they dont go together. but on the other hand, if you add red rim stripping with the red stickers it would even it out and look awsome.

all black with silver stickers or black w/ red stickers and red rim stripes. after looking at yours, i'd add rim stripes and go red. hell, if you don't like it after a while just peel it off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.