Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my first set of leathers. How does the sizing work? I do not fall into a typical size category. I'm 5'6", 165 lbs with a 42" chest, 30" waist, and 30" inseam. I need to try it on before I buy. Where do I do this? I can't remember ever seeing 1-piece leathers at my local(~100 miles) shops. What brands are good and fairly cheap (~1000)?

Thanks,
Scott

check out my other thread if you haven't already to give me tips about amateur racing:
http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65272

·
Registered
414 Posts
I hate to say it, your into custom leathers with those dimensions. I don't know where Bloomberg is but Washington Cycle Works in Washington NJ that has one piece suits you can try on. They carry Vanson and MotoGP.
My Vanson was around 1100. It's a seriously well made suit. Stay away from AGV suits. I've seen them shredded on the track a few times. The stiching blows out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
99nija6r - most suits run in euro sizes. All you do is add 10 to your US size..so lets say I wear 36 US..my euro size will be 46. I'm 5'6'' 190lbs mostly muscle weight, and my inseam is 32 cause my ass sits up a little higher...I got a moto gp kangaroo 1 piece size 46..it's a little too long but everything else fits good....I had the luxury of trying on a few sizes and the 46 fit the best.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Unfortunately you will probably not find an off the rack suit. there are a lot of good ones out there, Vanson, zooni and Helimot on the west coast. Check out Syed and Barnacle Bill, they will both build you a custom suit fairly reasonably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.