Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

10,000 miles and some pic's

1K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Soju 
#1 ·
just hit 10,000 miles last night coming home from orlando , love the bike , 10,000 miles only one thing wrong with it , rebuild trans at 8,500 runs better then when i first got it !!! and i hit 175 last night coming home ..lol here are some pi's enjoy

See less See more
#12 ·
Originally posted by pinksnyper
if you have a standard warranty how long do you have to claim something like that in case it happens? I've had mine for 14 months and only 5500 miles...but god knows if anything happens at 8k am i covered?
If you didn't buy an extended warranty then your done dude.

1 year/Unlimited Mileage is all you get, then they're not liable for damages...unless you have a good lawyer. [^]

#15 ·
Originally posted by h20-50
If you i year warranty is up can you still purchase the extended one. Im in and out of the country a lot and never had time to pick it up in that initial year:(
Only if your avatar isn't a picture of you matching your bike.. ;)

J/k.. I like to wear blue on my bike myself, so I really can't say anything :D

#16 ·
I got 15000 miles on mine. Just had the service done by an independent mechanic around the way. My bike runs fine as well, except I didn't have to have a trans rebuild, thank God.

#17 ·
Yeah, I have 25,000+ miles on my bike, everything's perfect. Had my first valve adjustment at 20k miles and they were almost perfect still. I've had literally zero problems.

#18 ·
Well...... I just kinda happend to work out that way that day, but you cant ride good unless you look good right?!?!?[8D] Normally i wear a jacket but in Texas summer at 104 degrees and only having to go down the road 2 miles i decided to chance it![}:)]

#19 ·
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

Only if your avatar isn't a picture of you matching your bike.. ;)

J/k.. I like to wear blue on my bike myself, so I really can't say anything :D
Dude, your gear has to match your bike color. It's an unwritten rule :D

Black goes with everything tho. I started with a blue jacket but I think it was too much. So now I've got the Joe Rocket Kawi black/black/black jacket with black gloves. Still have a blue helmet tho :D

#23 ·
Just hearing about transmission issues freaks me out. I just reached 8,000 miles on my bike, and I didn't buy any extended warranty. My one year expired back in April. It seems longer, but it's only been a year and half. Everything seems to be running fine, but I did have a mis-shift this weekend. I hope my bike keeps running like new for as long as I can keep my urge to get a new bike every year suppressed.

I did get the 5 year extended warranty on my 03' Z1000, but I thought it was a waste of money and didn't get it for the ZX6r. I guess it was that "peace of mind" that I was really paying for, which obviously I don't have for my ZX6r. One of the reasons I did go with one of the big four japanese bikes is because they are know of their reliability.

Fingers crossed.

#25 ·
Originally posted by TwoEleven
My one year wont be up until March. I think I'm around 6600 miles now. Will Kawi still cover your bike if you've made mods?
So long as they are mods that don't effect the performance of the bike.

As it is, people with the warranty have a hard time getting Kawi to pay for it, especially with tranny issues. This has been a problem that a lot of people complain about.

FYI, you can get the extended warranty anytime during your first year of owning the bike.

#26 ·
RE: Extended Warranty

I bought a two-year extension from a dealer at a significant discount (price is negotiable), so don't just send Kawi full MSRP when they send you a reminder as your original warranty is getting close to running out.

My 2005 will be a year old at the end of the month and I'll have a bit over 13K miles on it by then. Problems so far: battery dropped dead in June, and bike refused to start twice (July, August) but eventually got it started by cranking with the throttle wide open. Tranny seems fine but I don't abuse it. Still in almost new condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.