Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have heard that the zx10r is a better streetbike than the zx6r...i do about all my riding on the street, mostly being commuting during the week including some highway miles and then the the weekend twisties. ive heard the 10 is more comfortable and easier to manage on the street. is this true and should i get the 10r?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothin?

·
Registered
394 Posts
The idea is probably that the power is on tap everywhere. I miss my 6, could full throttle all I wanted. Now I keep spinning it up and scaring the shit outta myself on slightly wet onramps. I need new tires, but also have to keep the wright wrist in order. My 6 was actually more comfy than the 10 for me, had lower rearsets and a squishyier seat (yeah, that's a word).

·
Registered
29 Posts
my 06 10 is more comfortable than my 01 6, and i've ridden my buddies 06 6 and i still think my 10 is more comfortable. I've also noticed my 10 seems more agile.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by jordan
nothin?
well handling you won't miss anything, and theres more power than you'll ever need.

if you just get an 04-05 you'll probly spend less or about the same as if you got a 636 so what was the question again?[:M114]

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just sold my 05 636 for an 06 10r. The 636 is more comforatable. The seat is a lot more cushy. The 636 is more nimble and easier to throw into the corners in my opinion. However, the power of the 10 is amazing. I got sick of my 636 in traffic, having to keep the revs high all the time to keep up with traffic. With the 10 I can just stay in 2nd or 3rd all day long. Not to mention the black 10r looks badass. I say keep your 636 and get a 10 and have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I actually touch the ground better on a 10R than my 6, and I've set my suspension up correctly. The 10 just seems to sit a tad lower stock. Weird. I still prefer mine though

·
Registered
230 Posts
My 6 was stolen from me which gave me a reason to upgrade to a 10. In my opinion, there isnt much of a handling difference and the 10 actually seems to hold a line better than the 6. To me, the 6 was never lacking on power, and i do miss being able to run the crap out of it (something that public roads dont allow for the 10) but i am definitely happy with the 10. IMO the 10 is more comfortable, i can ride much longer and not worry about being sore. The 6 gets about 30 miles per tank, which does make a difference when you use it to commute. It is easier to ride the 10 in traffic, since you can just stay in 2nd gear pretty much all the time if you'd like.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally posted by DatSakiBomber
my 06 10 is more comfortable than my 01 6, and i've ridden my buddies 06 6 and i still think my 10 is more comfortable. I've also noticed my 10 seems more agile.
edit/clarification: My '06 10r seems more nimble than my '01 6r[:I]

·
Registered
997 Posts
Once you change the front or rear sprocket to to get rid of that extra tall 1st gear yeah its all good but before that it was fucked as u were either riding the clutch for real slow stuff or lookin at the back of the car in front up close...

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't own and haven't ridden a 10R, but I can make a good comparison with the 636...

I own a 2000 9R and my good friend owns an 05 636. She just bought it new this season and I was able to ride it a little. After being on my 9R, the 636 felt like a damn scooter. I HATED it. It felt like it had no torque whatsoever. Granted it was in it's break in period so I babied the hell out of it, but still, I think that made the power difference stand out even more since I don't ride like a madman anyway. I can comfortably ride around all day long on my 9R and never go above 4000RPM unless I'm doing more than 65mph on the highway. On a 636, if you don't get the bike above 4000RPM (which is the recommended break in RMP limit) you're barely going anywhere, and that especially includes the highway. Don't even get me started on going uphill in that thing...

When I eventually get a track bike, it will no doubt be a 600cc. But for the street, there's no way in hell I'd ever buy anything less than a 9R. Again, I don't know how the 10R is, but I can only imagine that it's about 1000% better on the street than the 636 (at least for me it would be), just like my 9R is. If it were my choice, I'd take the 10R hands down (and ride it VERY responsibly so as not to kill myself).

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey Jordan What's up, i was told by Kevin that the 10r is a better ride on the street for commuting, then the 6r cause your not shifting as much and of coarse the power is up. I had the 6r and munched it so my replacement is gonna be a 07 10r. I do alot of commuting to south OC so i need something comfy and able to keep up, I dont really mind anymore that everyone and their grandma has a liter bike i want it for me. Mike :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like my nephews 06 636. It it quieter, smoother, and just feels more refined than my 10. I think it is a better commuter bike than my 10. When it comes time to turn it up...then I need the power of my 10! The 636 is no slouch, though. I think it is a great bike, just not the right on for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.