Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, i find myself actually saying it, 1000cc's should almost be banned. Had this Gixxer K6 for a few months now and I find myself doing things I thought only retards do. Things I NEVER did on my 04 636. A retard could ride this bike, which I obviously am. It does everything so well, you find yourself pushing the limit all the time, and so far I have'nt reached that limit. I'm well over the tone for average speed and there's plenty left. I'm 33 and VERY conversative, risk adverse so to speak, but I feel like a 12 year old with a stick of dynomite, I can't help myself. The funny thing is the faster I go, the safer I feel, that's a wierd one.
Wheeliees don't interest me, just speed, I guess I'm a speed junkie, since I was a kid actually. I've finally met my match, this bike is too much, but I'm actaully faster through the corners and what not than on my 04 636, the balance on this this thing is unreal.
This torque is addictive as well, any gear, any speed, twist your wrist and you're in the horizon.
I'm fucked, if I don't tone this down, I'm going to get thrown in jail or get proper fucked.
This thing goes through rubber faster than Ron Jeremy, I'm almost ready for a new rear, not even 3000 km on it.
BUT!!!!! it's the best buy I ever made, I could'nt go to my grave without experiencing this, I make mince meat with anything I run into around the city, It's really almost sick. I used to be a car guy until I got my 04 636, and they slowly faded into the past, now they're gone forever, cars suck african donkey dick.
Excuse the drunkin rant, girlfriend left and I needed to rant.
Time for bed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmm, I see myself in the same light as you, and hope that literbikes won't do that to me. Do you think it's more the increased acceleration that makes you want to ring it out, or the safety, as you stated? Interesting writeup, I'd like to live with a liter for a week and see what happens.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just bought a GSX-R 1000... Not had chance to experience what its capable of as I'm running the brute in (got 360 miles on it so far)

·
Registered
685 Posts
You're not alone.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
rode an R1 this week and it was crazy cause I couldn't predict the powerband, i kept second guessing the bike...unlike my 636 where i know exactly where all the power is. When you know what the bike can do, you know what you can do with it. But with the R1, i felt like if i wasn't careful i'd get bucked off. I'm sure it just takes time, but I think i'd have more fun on my 636

·
Registered
520 Posts
+10
I just got the exact same bike a little over a week ago and its everything Loco stated is true. LMAO he is so accurate. Everything he said is true. This bike is insane. I cant get enough of it.:D Yoshi Shorty from Japan and Fuelmoto PCIII and BMC are going to be here in a few days. Should be putting out 178hp on the dyno. Time will tell.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by SubHuman
+10
I just got the exact same bike a little over a week ago and its everything Loco stated is true. LMAO he is so accurate. Everything he said is true. This bike is insane. I cant get enough of it.:D Yoshi Shorty from Japan and Fuelmoto PCIII and BMC are going to be here in a few days. Should be putting out 178hp on the dyno. Time will tell.
Get an L-twin if you want torque. [:p] And 178...that's one hell of an optimistic dyno. Modded 06 1000's are putting down about 160 here in Tampa, maybe 165 if it's a good tune.

Originally posted by joonyaboy
rode an R1 this week and it was crazy cause I couldn't predict the powerband, i kept second guessing the bike...unlike my 636 where i know exactly where all the power is. When you know what the bike can do, you know what you can do with it. But with the R1, i felt like if i wasn't careful i'd get bucked off. I'm sure it just takes time, but I think i'd have more fun on my 636
The R1 is a funny literbike (well, the 05/06 is). It doesn't have anywhere near the torque or powerband that normal liters have...it's very anemic on power, and has a really peakey delivery. It is weird to get used to, if you're trying to wring it out.

And man, my old 636 is a wheelie monster, after riding the Ducati for a few weeks. The Ducati is so planted and smooth and set up for the track that the front end is very stable...it'll snap up on you if you flick it in first or second, but under power it's just too smooth of a delivery to lift it up...so I go on to the 636, and it feels like there's absolutely NOTHING under 10k, in comparison, so I was wringing the piss out of it and 1st gear power wheelieing it like a champ all night. lol...I could get myself in trouble. Need to stick with the Duc. She's much more twisties-friendly. lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah 178 can be done, but it won't be an honest dyno run. I run 135 honestly ay the rear wheel. It gets me in trouble, everytime I think about a turbo, I step back and tell myself, geez this is already insane. Adrenaline junkies is what we are.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I don't know. I switched to a 1000 and I think I take it easier now. I respect/fear it more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "conservative" by any means. I'm definetely an adrenaline junkie, it will probably kill me someday. The people I ride with think I'm crazy/stupid for how fast I go sometimes. But unlike the 636, I don't use anywhere near the bikes potential.

On my 636, I used to rev the piss out of her, redline all the time. But I rarely see the shift light on the 10r. I also never see above 3rd gear unless I'm on the interstate cruising.

This bike just gets up to speed so quickly, I don't have a chance to really top it out on any of the roads around here. This thing goes over 100 mph in first gear! Whenever I get the thing above 10k rpms, its just insane how hard it pulls. When your in full tuck at over 100 and feel the front wheel get light in third gear, it can be pretty scary.

So maybe I just don't feel like I'm as crazy because it so much easier to get to "ludacris speed" on the 10.

But I have found that I do wheelies ALL THE TIME now. Every time I launch it, 1st gear power wheelie. Every straight section of road, I clutch up second sometimes go 100+ mph on one wheel. Every little hill I will lift the front wheel over the crest and ride it out for awhile. I know its stupid, but it's addicting. I never did this kind of stuff on the 636. So maybe your right, these things will make you act crazy.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
So maybe I just don't feel like I'm as crazy because it so much easier to get to "ludacris speed" on the 10.
No, no - lightspeed's too slow.

Lightspeed too slow?

Yes. We're gonna have to go straight to.....ludacris speed!

:D:D

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

No, no - lightspeed's too slow.

Lightspeed too slow?

Yes. We're gonna have to go straight to.....ludacris speed!

:D:D
"Stop this thing!"

"Sir, I think we should slow down first."

"Bullshit! Stop this thing NOW!" lmao

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
"Are we stopped?"

"We're stopped, Sir."

"Good....how about a five minute break?"

"Excellent idea, Sir!"

"Smoke if you got 'em."

LOL I fucking love that movie :D:D

What's a matter, Colonel Sanders? CHICKEN!?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by FLOJOE
Ludacris speed...GO!

LOL, I'm glad there are some fellow Spaceballs fans out there. Could be the best movie ever.

I love the part where they go and replay the movie in fast forward, that shit was great.
Prepare to fast forward! Preparing to fast forward! Fast forward! Fast forwarding! :D:D

When will then, be now? Soon.

·
Registered
648 Posts
lol.. I rode with an 03 R1 the other day. Me and a 06 gixxer 750 were passing a car and he was slowly pulling on me when all of a sudden the guy on his r1 just blows by both of us like we were standing still. unreal. Its just stupid power...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone who is riding a stock geared 10, go -1/+2 on that bad boy. You won't believe it. I feel like it's my old 6 now, but things happen VERY quickly....4 gear power wheelies with ease! I actually hit my rev limiter a couple times in the twisties. Now I'm getting the 1/5 throttle conversion so I can kill myself for sure:D I get exhausted riding canyons just trying to hold on!

B

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah...178hp at the wheel cant be acheived without moderate motor work. Little add-ons wont do it. Add a turbo you can hit 200hp. As for the 1000cc thing i find myself doing more stupid stuff but in the same time im more conservative. Definately a huge difference on getting use to when you have been ridding a 600cc bike for a longtime.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.