Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right folks! '03 ZX6RRs make sheit for power. Well, at least mine does. That's 101.1 rwhp after a PCIII USB (Sato map from Dan Kyle) and full Arata system. The map in there is pretty good already judging from the power curve. Lee's thinks they can get another 2-3 rwhp out of it but that's all.

Ah... what was it I was saying about buying the RR? Oh yes! So I have an excuse when stock '99 R6s spank me... I guess that's why the went back to the drawing board on the '04 RRs... grrrrr...

Well, I'm gonna have a BMC filter put in since it's only $20 more than a stock one (and I need a new one) and it's cleanable. Maybe I'll get 0.18 rwhp more... We'll see what it puts down after Lee's is done with it. I'll let you guys know tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
What kind of dyno was it. A lot of dyno numbers are bs. They can make them read anything they want. Eddy Current dynos typically read much lower.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Stop being a Dyno racer. rwhp, tqe, blah, blah blah. How many time do you need to hear it's all about ridder skill. I have beaten my pals 2003 R6 and he has beaten me. He goes through high speed corners better. I launch better. True test is on a track. My pal who weighs 230 lbs just learned how to ride this summer, has GSXR 600 2002. Kicks my tail. He is just a better ridder or more daring. Don't get caught up in the fastest bike crap. If that's the case. Go purchase a ZX-11.

Chill, stay alive and enjoy your bike[8D]

Originally posted by HoleInOne

That's right folks! '03 ZX6RRs make sheit for power. Well, at least mine does. That's 101.1 rwhp after a PCIII USB (Sato map from Dan Kyle) and full Arata system. The map in there is pretty good already judging from the power curve. Lee's thinks they can get another 2-3 rwhp out of it but that's all.

Ah... what was it I was saying about buying the RR? Oh yes! So I have an excuse when stock '99 R6s spank me... I guess that's why the went back to the drawing board on the '04 RRs... grrrrr...

Well, I'm gonna have a BMC filter put in since it's only $20 more than a stock one (and I need a new one) and it's cleanable. Maybe I'll get 0.18 rwhp more... We'll see what it puts down after Lee's is done with it. I'll let you guys know tomorrow...

·
Registered
107 Posts
lee's got 105 out of mine, but i had to take it back a day later cause they left one of the hoses unpluged after taking off the kleen emissions it was shooting gas all over my right leg it ran much better after they fixed it.... with full synthetic (maxum4)should have me at 106 or 107 .....btw nobody is spanking me last weekend i was neck and neck with 2 03 r1's from stop light to stop light they could not belive my rr was so fast......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by VR6

Stop being a Dyno racer. rwhp, tqe, blah, blah blah. How many time do you need to hear it's all about ridder skill. I have beaten my pals 2003 R6 and he has beaten me. He goes through high speed corners better. I launch better. True test is on a track. My pal who weighs 230 lbs just learned how to ride this summer, has GSXR 600 2002. Kicks my tail. He is just a better ridder or more daring. Don't get caught up in the fastest bike crap. If that's the case. Go purchase a ZX-11.

Dyno Racer? Rider skills? I was just making a comment about Kawasaki engineering. That's all. Slow your roll bro. You don't know me at all. ;)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"I guess that's why the went back to the drawing board on the '04 RRs... "

where you hear this? Have you been watching the AMA 600 recently. The ZX6RR is starting to kick some major ass with Tony and Tommy and they both said they cant wait till next year since they will be riding the same bike and dont have the "learning curve" to go through again....

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Your right I don't know you, my bag. Ok your just checking hp and stuff. I am just get tired of all the HP tque stuff, because in this class of modern 600's they are all close. You mentioned something about getting spanked by a 99 R6 so I though you were thinking HP & tque would be your answer to beating an R6 that's why I commented the way I did. It was not a jab, or an attempt to get you fired up. Just saying, I personally do not put a lot of concern on HP and Tque. My pal at work has a 99 Triumph 998 and I leave him then he catches me. Well, I hope you get the number your looking for. I am sure some mods for your 03 will you hang with the 99 R6. Peace [8)]

Originally posted by VR6

Dyno Racer? Rider skills? I was just making a comment about Kawasaki engineering. That's all. Slow your roll bro. You don't know me at all. ;)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by Andy_7676

where you hear this? Have you been watching the AMA 600 recently. The ZX6RR is starting to kick some major ass with Tony and Tommy and they both said they cant wait till next year since they will be riding the same bike and dont have the "learning curve" to go through again....
You better believe Tommy and Tony will ride the 2004 ZX-6RR next year. The bike is improved after only one year for just that reason.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I can't wait Rob....2004 is going to be a cool year for Kawasaki....

and it'll be interesting with the 10R with Eric at the helm...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by VR6

Your right I don't know you, my bag. Ok your just checking hp and stuff. I am just get tired of all the HP tque stuff, because in this class of modern 600's they are all close. You mentioned something about getting spanked by a 99 R6 so I though you were thinking HP & tque would be your answer to beating an R6 that's why I commented the way I did. It was not a jab, or an attempt to get you fired up. Just saying, I personally do not put a lot of concern on HP and Tque. My pal at work has a 99 Triumph 998 and I leave him then he catches me. Well, I hope you get the number your looking for. I am sure some mods for your 03 will you hang with the 99 R6. Peace [8)]
Cool bro. Thanks for clearing that up. I only brought up the R6 as I was referring to the dyno numbers only. I fully realize that at my level (not racer fast) it's all about the rider since I've been spanked on the Tight Side by SV 650s. I'm just wondering why Kawasaki didn't get it right the first time around when they knew that the competition was going to be fierece. Cheers!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Andy_7676

http://forum.zx6r.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8806

Here's the info. on the '04 RR...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Cool beans dude, we all fam hear. The big difference between the R6 and my ZX6R was weight when I beat him. He had a 3/4 tank I had 1/2 or a little less. The weight plays a huge role in handeling and acceleration. Your 03 is lighter than mine. I am sure given a set of circumstances you'll toast the R6. Well, according to the numbers you should win. R6 are great on topend. But the initial pull and some midrange is not as strong as the Kawi. It's all gravey bro, I holla at ya[8D]

Originally posted by VR6

Cool bro. Thanks for clearing that up. I only brought up the R6 as I was referring to the dyno numbers only. I fully realize that at my level (not racer fast) it's all about the rider since I've been spanked on the Tight Side by SV 650s. I'm just wondering why Kawasaki didn't get it right the first time around when they knew that the competition was going to be fierece. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
well, I stand corrected regarding the revamping of the RR....

thanks for the info HoleInOne...

·
Registered
995 Posts
lee's got 105 out of mine, but i had to take it back a day later cause they left one of the hoses unpluged after taking off the kleen emissions it was shooting gas all over my right leg it ran much better after they fixed it.... with full synthetic (maxum4)should have me at 106 or 107 .....btw nobody is spanking me last weekend i was neck and neck with 2 03 r1's from stop light to stop light they could not belive my rr was so fast......
i went out a few weeks ago with 3 '03 R1's, 3 Busas (one worked), 2 954's, and 2 900's. the running order during the balls out highway and very twisty parkway runs was one of the busas, me and the more skilled R1 dicing it out and everyone else following us. no one could believe how fast my bike was to be running with the big bores no problem. whether a dyno says it has power or not my bike is fucking fast.

i have a full Akrapovic Race and a PCIII btw.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
That's what Im talking, represent!!

Originally posted by irunfromcops

i went out a few weeks ago with 3 '03 R1's, 3 Busas (one worked), 2 954's, and 2 900's. the running order during the balls out highway and very twisty parkway runs was one of the busas, me and the more skilled R1 dicing it out and everyone else following us. no one could believe how fast my bike was to be running with the big bores no problem. whether a dyno says it has power or not my bike is fucking fast.

i have a full Akrapovic Race and a PCIII btw.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Before mapping and smog removal:

101.1 RWHP and 41.9 ft. lbs of torque

After mapping and smog removal:

105.3 RWHP and 43.4 ft. lbs. of torque

I still have a dirty air filter (3.5K miles on it) and a nasty freakin' dip at 9K RPMs for both my hp and torque. WTF??? The dip is worse now after they played with it. Oh well, they're gonna have to run it again after they put the BMC filter on there.

I'll post it after I can scan it. Other than the dip though the curve looks really nice.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Wan2Fly from this board had an Akrapovic Race exhaust, BMC air filter, and a PCIIIusb with a full-custom map done, and peaked at just over 105 rwhp on the dyno. I ride a 636 with an Akrapovic (no PCIII yet) and yeah, I still pull him midrange, but they're pretty close on top end. Point being, with the work you've done, you are likely competitive with most current 600's on top end, you just need to keep her on the boil. 636's are easily the cream of the class this year, and even a 636 can't "spank" a 6RR with the type of power mods you have as you suggest. Make up time where the 6RR has it's ace in the hole... twisties... which is more fun anyway. Monkies can drive fast in a straight line.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.