Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1098 fixed: 1st dealer mechanic error!

983 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Eurosport 
#1 ·
Well as many have seen i have had my 1098 in the shoip this whole riding season.
they have gone thru the bike for an electrical issue, and done what they could based off the symptons of what it was doing.

The Quick version, which i did address from the get go, but Ducati North America has their own guidelines for fixing things.
SO without any further ado, the bike had the upgraded starter, and starter gears changed for easier starting, (recall for some bikes).

So it seams the delear who did the work at 160 miles on the clock failed to properly torque and use loctite on the flywheel nut.
So since it came loose the flywheel signal; was the whole problem.
damage included some shagged bearings, damaged nut & flywheel, and some grind on the cover.
SO with luck tuesday she will be completely back together and out for a ride before she goes to Germany.
Now i just need to decide if i should purse some compensation from ducati?

#5 ·
If the dealer that you bought the bike from was who messed up your flywheel, I would ask for something. I'm not sure what you need, but I think that something is in order.

--David

Maybe a couple free trackdays??

#6 ·
Now i just need to decide if i should purse some compensation from ducati?
w/o a fucking doubt, i'm not a greedy person but when you pay 20k+ for a motorcycle that you have 160 miles on in ONE calender season, you SHOULD & deserve compensation

#9 ·
evil skinny, that would be true and yes my bike does indeed meet the criteria for this law.
But at the same time i would now need ot pull all my aftermarket parts off the bike and do some swapping around BIGTIME.
Honestly i dont have the time for this and i will just be ahppy to get this bike back on the road as intended, thinking maybe a free 7500 mile service will make me noticably more happy and some extention on my warranty.

#12 ·
I had posted about the WI law....I had a buddy qualify for it on his 2001 F4i...what a POS. He threatened to make use of it and he got an extended engine warranty and some in store credit that he used for toward valve adjustments/tune ups.

In his case I would have returned the bike....as there was the possibility the engine life was shortened (lots of fuel ending up in the oil). In your case...I would just use it as leverage to get some compensation.

good luck...

#13 ·
yea but what happens when it fucks up again??? its gonna happen if it did it at 160 miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.