Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had such a blast, went on a group ride out to the twisties (which are hard to find in illinois lol) Had an awesome time, it was amazing to get out there where you can get on it zipping through tight turns at 90+mph, it was amazing, and suprisingly, after a full day of riding (was gone 10 hours) I wasn't sore, sure I was tired, and had a couple aches, but nothing worse than if I had been sitting in a car! I love this bike. Definitely glad I choose it. I was out with a fz6 (like an old school naked r6) and a honda VFR, both more touring bikes but I think i had just as good of ride if not better than them as far as comfort :) Only thing that was really bothering me was my neck, we were going over 90 most the time we were out there, at time reaching 140-150 mph in the straights and the wind pushing constantly back on my helmet was really straining my neck, i ended up tucking down anytime we were going above 80 or so to reduce the wind strain, not sure what to do about this, maybe hit up the gym and work on my neck lol... Would a taller windshield help?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
ugh....there is nothing uglier, IMHO, than a sportsbike with a tall windshield. why would you wanna destroy the aerodynamic look like that?

i tuck at speeds above 80 because typically the wind starts to get to be a bit much at those speeds.

i would suggest going back and forth between tucking and not tucking. a sore neck is definitely better than an ugly ass tall windscreen [:p]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by tall i didn't mean like police bike tall lol... I meant like a double bubble style windscreen, something to push the wind up a tad more and maybe have the wind hit the top of my helmet instead of smack dab in the faceshield.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I have found that I am much more comfortable on my zx than I was on my 2003 YZF600R, even with the more aggressive riding position. The YZF had a MUCH better seat but I really dont have alot of complaints about the seat on the ZX either. Its much better than most of the new sport bikes out there.

Do you still have the stock windscreen? If so, look into getting a doubble bubble screen. That should move the wind blast up a little higher and still look good. You wont have to tuck as far either to get out of the blast all together.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by rtpassini
yeah jeremy you puss, go to the gym. lol

edit: my post count owns you. lol;)
What, HV goes down so you come e-stalk me here??

That touring shield looks pretty cool, might be worth it to buy one and just keep it around for long trips, I don't go on long trips often, but it sure would have been nice today. Not like windscreens take long to swap out, no reason I can't have a couple laying around. And yes, I'm still on the stock screen. maybe i'll pick up the touring screen and a double bubble :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.