Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well took her to the track yesterday with the new tires fitted. Here is the basics. The 150's profile is a bit different as it smuushes the tire when putting it on. Since it's wider it barely scrapes the chain guard. It turns in a tttadddd slower but the confidence in the grip is worth it. The tires heat up pretty quickly but once hot....... ALOT BETTER!!! Hell they still even have 1/4 inch chicken strips on the rear. I'd say if you are looking for a race tire or a good all around tire for a little more sporty riding than this is the one to go with. The bike is so light that these tires should last a long time. Even racing, and should fair better than race tires with the heat cycles.

They were good enough that me and my endurance partner broke the standing EX250 record. The first on was set by Eric Fault on his 07 with a ton of mods at 129.89, but no more. My friend ran a 128.86 and I ran a 128.67. So there is further proof of the tires. I know I can find another second or two I just had to go to work and set it on the first session and never really ran it after that, because I was trying to sort out my race bike.

Here are some crappy pics in action. I'll try and get some better ones later.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i like that first pic, you should make it your avitar :p

·
Registered
475 Posts
Very cool. Nice pics & congrats on the fast lap times. I have the 016s on a couple of my bikes but haven't tried them yet. Maybe this weekend. Good info on the tires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Super cool. I suppose that you didn't perform any modifications to the bike itself?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. The Track is www.noproblemraceway.com. The track record is held by Ty Howard in 1:12 on a 07 GSXR750. To give you guy some idea of the speed. My other endurance partner holds the record there for a SV650 at 1:17.48.

And like I said I know I can get it at least a second or two faster too. I go through the straight wide open in 6th.. But in turn 4,5,6 and 8-9 I know I can pick up speed.

Mods are Stock suspension (soon to be WP with Race-tech springs and emulators) Area P short exhaust, Dyno jetted. Dyno'd at 29HP.

I weight 196 without gear so figure some where around 220 with gear. No real weight saving attempts have been made to the bike except for the exhaust. The Race plastics will be here on Thursday and that may actually make it gain weight but prolly increase aerodynamics.

Yeah Kerry you should come back and bring the 250. We already have 4 out there regularly and want to do a notarace too.

Thanks Spooner for redoing it. It looks great. Avatar it is.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Very cool man... I can't wait to see what my 090's will do at Barbers on the 6th... I will post a review as well....

1/4" chicken strip!!! That almost proves that the tire is too wide for the bike. You would probably dump it at 100% dragging everything on it.

But with that kind of contact patch you know you will never run out of tire. Awesome job man...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very cool man... I can't wait to see what my 090's will do at Barbers on the 6th... I will post a review as well....

1/4" chicken strip!!! That almost proves that the tire is too wide for the bike. You would probably dump it at 100% dragging everything on it.

But with that kind of contact patch you know you will never run out of tire. Awesome job man...
I have the rear end raised with the Busa links so I only drag the pegs in one bumpy turn. It raised the rearsets about 1 1/2 inches. And yeah no doubt it's too big but it's worth it for the extra grip you have. Especially confidence.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the rear end raised with the Busa links so I only drag the pegs in one bumpy turn. It raised the rearsets about 1 1/2 inches. And yeah no doubt it's too big but it's worth it for the extra grip you have. Especially confidence.
So other than the slightly slower turn-in and taller back-end, no other negatives on using the 150???

And congrats on the record time ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.