Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I can get the bike up, I can make it scrape the bar but I cant ride it out, my idle is set to 4000, When I get it close to 12 oclock to I cut the throttlead it either drops back down, or keeps going back till i hit the bar. If I hit the brake, it tries to die. So do I need to get it past the BP pull in the clutchand as it goes back, do I start hitting the break?? Any help would be appritiated

·
Registered
20 Posts
From the looks of your profile you have a 2000 zx6r. That means your carburated. Your best bet is to get a fuel injected 2k3 zx6r. When you ride at 12 with a carburated bike, no gas gets to the carbs, therefore your bike dies.

·
Registered
999 Posts
How fast are you going and whats your gearing? If your stalling the bike out your on the brake to hard. If you are going back from a stop or slow roll you may not have enough speed to bring it back down from the bar. I have no clue what my idle is set at since I dont have any gauges.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
mbarn, 12s are done regularly on carbed 6r's. It is not a problem. But, if you do them for too long, say you are practicing for 30 minutes or so it may cut off and flood and it will take a while to get started. But, they get enough gas. After a while they get too much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in going about 10- 18 mph im 2up one down, I practiced alot yesterday and finally started riding tem out some. Just gonna take more practice

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in going about 10- 18 mph im 2up one down, I practiced alot yesterday and finally started riding tem out some. Just gonna take more practice

·
Registered
999 Posts
Are you doing sitdowns, foot in bar or rear peg? I know what you mean about practice. I still stall the bike out sometimes from pressing the brake to hard. Im doing rear peg myself so its not so bad if I stall out, but the bike is taking a beating from learning 12's thats forsure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im doing sit downs right now, ive been trying them on the rearpeg a little. You arent kidding about the beating, I need to get a cage, the homemade sliders are worn out

·
Registered
999 Posts
Man sitdowns are hard. I have only tried them a few times, standing on the rear peg is much easier to me. When I get back from Germany Im going to start sitdowns, I think they look much better, and you can do coasters sitting down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Germany??? I fell more comfortable doing sitdowns right now, I still dont feel too comfortable doing highway stand ups. What is your gearing in the video doing the 3rd gear stand up??? Ive been trying that for about 3 weeks now. Are you bouncing it or just choping the gas?? Are you rocking a cage??? Im looking at getting an FI cage or 905. Ive been thinking of making my own too, but I dont have the patience or time right now.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Im in the Air Force with the C-17, so we are always in Germany. In the video that is stock gearing, and Im bouncing it up. That is my old 2001 zx6r, the bike Im doing stunts on is a differnt 2001 zx6r with -2 in the front and +5 in the rear. Im running the very first Freestyle Ingunity cage for a 6r. I have had a lot problems with it but Freesytle Ingunity says they have made alot of changes to it since mine. But all the problems I have had the cage did protect my case and other bike parts. The only damange I have had in over 20 crashes is the cage and fairing damange.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finnaly got it. Anyone who wants to try 12s, start out at about 25-30 mph then bring your speed down. I was trying them at 10 -18 and was having a hard time. Get it up and past the balance point then using your rear brake slow it down. Im only crashing half as much now. about 5 times in an hour. I got some pics finally, ill post them up soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.