Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I got a great deal on some PP's yesterday. The guy however said that 99% of the bikes take a 70 profile on the front. Our zx6'ses are stock with a 65 profile on the front. He said he could get but it would have to be a special order. SO I took the 70 profile in anyways. Can I stick it on? Or should I sell it to someone and get a special ordered 65? I see about all the shops sell 70 profile fronts only.

P.S. I am starting to use the bike on a track every now and again, how will this effect?

·
Registered
33 Posts
YES, you can put on the 70-profile without any clearance problems, or else.

In my opinion the 70-profile is better, especially regarding track riding (better feel and available surface for grip when cornering).

Drive hard!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How will it affect my speedo? Does the speedo get hooked up to the front? I guesse the bigger wheel will show slower speeds which will actually be better for our bikes cause then the speedo will be more accurate...?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I put a 120/70 Pilot Power on the front of mine last week (for the same special order 65 reason) and though it's close the front fender, it doesn't rub. Feels great so far in the corners. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coolas... now I just have to decide when to put them on!!! I can still waste some rubber on the sides using a motoGP track.... but the middle of my brigstones knows no more tread.... i'll probably do one or 2 more days at the track, then I'll put on the pilots... I'm sure they will be great!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by Fade-Dude
Coolas... now I just have to decide when to put them on!!! I can still waste some rubber on the sides using a motoGP track.... but the middle of my brigstones knows no more tread.... i'll probably do one or 2 more days at the track, then I'll put on the pilots... I'm sure they will be great!
If I were you I´d make the switch asap; even though you´ve got rubber left on the sides of the tyres, the profile of the tire is fucked up when it´s worn out in the middle (the tire gets "shoulders"). I my self reckon the bike behaves really bad when leaning over with those kind of tyres. Just my advice.

Do you ride at Phakisa Freeway often? If so, I´m jealous...:)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heh, I did my first track day this past sunday at phakisa!!!! woa!! now I just want to do tracks...

BTW, if you really want to be jealous, I live about 7km's from phakisa!! When I leave my house with the bike, it takes me about 3-4 minutes then I'm in the pits!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.