Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Did you do the one at 7500 miles? If so, then no, there is nothing that really needs doing. If you didn't do one at 7500 miles then I would say you probably want to check the whole bike over. Valves are not called for until the 15000 mile mark.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i'd say its time for a tune up...
according to the periodic maintenance chart you're supposed to tune up at 12,000 miles.
i hit 15,000 a couple weeks ago,
my valves are out of spec,
i'll probably take eveything apart and do the valve adjustment this weekend.

N

·
0 Posts
change plugs if they're still original

get a valve adjustment check done

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
how hard is it to do the valve adjustment? i can turn a wrench, just never done this on a bike engine. anybody know, pm me. thanks

i've got bout 17,000 miles and it's not going in a shop.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
very odd that some bikes valves are out of spec at 15,000 while others like mine were fine at 25,000. If I recall though the 2004 models Kawi did some sort of break in procedure with the valves so they wouldnt go out of spec as quick compaired to the 03's. I might not be def on this but I could have sworn i read this ssomewhere before.

Im going on 33k and plan to over the winter; check my valves, sync the tb's, new valve cover gasket, clutch-throttle cables and new front tire.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Originally posted by southjersey636
very odd that some bikes valves are out of spec at 15,000 while others like mine were fine at 25,000. If I recall though the 2004 models Kawi did some sort of break in procedure with the valves so they wouldnt go out of spec as quick compaired to the 03's. I might not be def on this but I could have sworn i read this ssomewhere before.

Im going on 33k and plan to over the winter; check my valves, sync the tb's, new valve cover gasket, clutch-throttle cables and new front tire.
well i have the 03, my friend has the 04 and his valves are fine (almost same mileage)
my bike has quite a few visits to the track maybe that could be another factor
Originally posted by warbuk
how hard is it to do the valve adjustment? i can turn a wrench, just never done this on a bike engine. anybody know, pm me. thanks

i've got bout 17,000 miles and it's not going in a shop.
if i do end up adjusting valves this weekend i'll take some pics, possibly a write-up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.