Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
minytrker, where are you at in charleston, i use to go to school down there and was think of taking a trip there next week.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Im in North Charleston about 3 miles from the base. He dropped it doing a burnout I think, it didnt scratch the bike or except for a little one on the case. Bike week was the first time he really rode the bike, he had it like a week before that.
03Silver636 you planning on coming for the week or the weekend?

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got to love this guys safety gear....wear do you get a ballcap like that? I want to be safe when start f'in around on mine. [:p]

Walter

"If Harley made airplanes would you fly in one?"

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
How could you say that he's got good safety gear. His cap isn't even turned backwards:D

Moral of this story is....don't have one.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Poor 636. It hasn't been a year even :(
The rear tire looks like it's flat. Is that normal?

Got guts to do it on a new bike. Wish I had the guts to do it on an old bike :)

Props to your friends uber skillz! :D
(the "z" makes it cool!)

What's your octane level?

·
Registered
999 Posts
The tire has about 20psi in it, with the tire lower like that it gives you a bigger contact patch making it more stable.

He is going around 10mph in the pic, and he has the trick down, that doesnt mean he wont crash but if he wasnt good at them he wouldnt do them on a brand new bike. I have all my gear on because I still crash alot doing 12's, crashed 4 times last week but at 10 mph I landed on my feet pretty much everytime. Why come into the stunters section and critisize someone for not having gear on when most likly you have no idea how to even do the trick or the guys skill. Most of the guys on the team dont use gear unless at a event or trying new tricks. It does depend on what kind of tricks they are doing but slow wheelies, most dont use gear. Just by making comments about gear isnt going to make them use it so why comment.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I think the comments about the gear were humoristic comments. at least mine was. sorry if I touched a nerve[V]

Moral of this story is....don't have one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Minytrker, im gonna be down there prob the 20-23, im gonna party w/some friends i havent seen since i moved, but ill prob ride one day atleast.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yeah, that whole gear thing got old a looong time ago. I don't wear gear when I stunt or ride, but I did try using it a couple of times when doing something new or something to a new level. I found that it actually makes it harder for me to do it. I dont know if its because I'm just not used to gear being on or the fact that it feels very different and obstucts my periferral view slightly. I just feel safer and more in control with less gear. That sounds pretty odd i know but I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Just wanted to give my reasoning for my point of view, cause I know I am the minority in here in regards to gear.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Understandable tommy. I only wear my jacket and gloves if I am headed for the twisties. If I'm just cruising around town, I only wear my helmet, if that much.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I know that is supposed to imply Dick Vitale (of course). I didn't know it was photoshopped though. I got it in an email from a buddy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.