Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually run around 25 lbs. I learned with around 15lbs but now it doesnt really matter. It just get's super light right before the scrape bar, slap it back quicker or you'll just smooth it out with practice.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hopefully I will get some practice in today. It took me about 30mins of trying until I scraped the bar, but then I fell to the side, but luckly didnt wipe out. Did you learn sitting or standing. I tried both and I tried putting my left foot on the rear peg. I have heard its easier to 12 standing up but Im sure everyone has there own way thats easiest to them. I was trying from a slow roll, I may try just to ride and keep leaning back more and more.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)
http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I learned standing(one foot on the rear peg) and I think standing is a lot easier. I just recently started doing sit downs. How far back is your bar? It's past the tail light right? That's probably why its tending to lean. The easiest way to make sure and keep it straight is to start slow like your doing and on the initial up just keep going back. Don't left off the gas and get back on cause that tends to make the bike wobble little bit more. After you scraped and hit the brake to come back down did you get back on the gas?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehehe yeah that is a little differant. How are you getting to the bar? I clutch it up, give more gas while giving more brake. If I want to hit the tail I just let of the rear brake and gas a little, scrape then back on the rear brake and gas.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Im clutching it up, and am on the gas and brake and once Im back I let off the gas a little or aplly more brake. Im working on smoothing out clutching it up. This bike is totally differnt than my old 01 6r. Joe made it look way to easy. Are you controling it more with the brake or the gas. I was told to try to keep the gas at the same spot and use the brake and that will make it less jerky.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)
http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Joe makes me look like I can't do shit. I'm just all over the brake. It smooths it out a lot. To get it nice and slow and smooth it's easier if you turn up your idle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.